1991 Legacy 2,2 turbo auto wont start- no spark

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Martin_Subaru
In Neutral

1991 Legacy 2,2 turbo auto wont start- no spark

Post by Martin_Subaru »

Hi everybody.
I am new to this forum and i just bought a 1991 Legacy 2,2 turbo automatic with 100k miles all original.

It wont start and makes no spark at all. The previous owner said that he was driving and the car suddenly died for him and he couldnt start it again that is where i am now.
I have changed the following parts without any luck: Ignitor, Coilpack, HT leads, Crank sensor and cam sensor and sparkplugs it also had a blown 15 amp fuse from engine ignition that i also replaced. i tried to read fault codes but i can get access with my select monitor 1 and can get it to blink the codes either. I noticed that when i put ignition on the check engine light doesn't come on so i think i need to get another ECU for it. it sounds fine when i crank it so i dont think the timingbelt has slipped but im going to check that later.
Has anyone else got any ideas.

Kind regards
Martin
Martin_Subaru
In Neutral

Re: 1991 Legacy 2,2 turbo auto wont start- no spark

Post by Martin_Subaru »

Problem solved it was the main and ignition relay that was dead so now its up running again. but it sound like it has some rod knock :(
mike-tracy

Re: 1991 Legacy 2,2 turbo auto wont start- no spark

Post by mike-tracy »

If you can find an ej20g short block, you can swap that in place of the 22t, and rebuild the 22t in your free time. The ecu and all electronics will work with the smaller displacement fine. I'm talking about re-using the ej22t heads on the ej20g block.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.