EJ22E Heads on EJ22T block

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

real_xe
In Neutral

EJ22E Heads on EJ22T block

Post by real_xe »

Hi all, I'm kind of in a pickle right now. I'm currently in the process of swapping my 91 L Wagon with a turbo setup, and I was hoping to use my old heads from the 22E since I'm trying to do it on a budget and I've also read around here that they flow better than turbo ones. However when I take a look at the gasket and the head itself, and then look at the block I see that the holes don't exactly line up on the N/A heads and the Turbo block.

Anyway does anyone know if it would still be possible maybe if I used the 22T head gasket instead or will I have to fork out a little bit more for turbo heads? (I would have gone DOHC from the start but I'm limited by my budget for now, trust me :lol: ) If I have to I'd be willing to buy a set off of someone on here, if anyone still has them lying around.

Thanks.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EJ22E Heads on EJ22T block

Post by Legacy777 »

There are turbo specific things on the heads such as oil and coolant feeds for the turbocharger. I would really suggest trying to find a set of ej22t heads if at all possible. Are you on any of the first gen legacy facebook groups? That's where I'd suggest looking if you're unable to find something reasonable.

What part of the country are you in?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
real_xe
In Neutral

Post by real_xe »

I'm located in southern Idaho. I knew about the differences of the turbo head oil/coolant feeds, and I was gonna use the coolant lines that go into the IACV and intake manifold and just drain oil into the pan, but at this point though I'm honestly just leaning towards getting turbo heads for simplicity reasons, the problem is that I cant find any lol. I'm in a couple of the Facebook groups but I still haven't seen any turbo heads go up in a while.
waexplorer
In Neutral

Post by waexplorer »

I sent you a PM for someone that may have a set in Spokane
monkeyposeur
First Gear

Post by monkeyposeur »

I've literally thrown away like four or five sets of these heads in the trash because no one ever wanted them. Held on to them for years until I finally gave up on them.
93 SS - SOLD
03 WRX 22T/205 20GXT 350 whp
06 OBXT
95 BK - Sold to my neighbor.