Power Steering leaking lines

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

race_to_live
First Gear

Power Steering leaking lines

Post by race_to_live »

I think I can figure out how to take the power steering lines off the car but when I put them back on, how do I bleed the air out of the lines. I would imagine I would just put fluid in the res, and then turn the wheel back and forth a few time and repete. Does that sound right, if not correct me please. Im done with having leaking lines and a real nasty smell burning on the exh. Help haha
-91ss, 250,000mi rebuilt, tmic, tdo4, agx's w/groundcontrol, f/r strut bars, rust
-83 gl wagon...350,000mi custom dents
-62 honda 55, (moped)
-74 Yamaha rd 350
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Pretty much. There's really no other way to bleed it.

Don't be surprised if you still have a rogue bubble come up on occasion for a few days though, temporarily disabling your power steering.

Mine did that (while I was running at the Subaru Challenge no less) after I put in my new rack and pump, and then never did it again.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
race_to_live
First Gear

Post by race_to_live »

now if i were to let the thing leak til it ran out of fluid it would sieze the pump and the steering right. cuz if it would not break anything i would just let it run out. the power steering only works half the time.
-91ss, 250,000mi rebuilt, tmic, tdo4, agx's w/groundcontrol, f/r strut bars, rust
-83 gl wagon...350,000mi custom dents
-62 honda 55, (moped)
-74 Yamaha rd 350