2002 WRX Springs

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

swelch23
In Neutral

2002 WRX Springs

Post by swelch23 »

I just bought a set of stock 2002 WRX Springs and I want to put them on my 91 legacy. If I buy new top mounts can I fit these bad boys on? Can I use legacy, wrx, or do I need to buy STi mounts? Does anyone know if they are stiff?
Thanks
Spence
91 Legacy L 4WD
Custom 2.25 Exhaust, Cone Filter
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Measure the diameter of the rears for me, indicate if its inside or outside.
mgjs1
First Gear

03 WRX Springs on 93 Legacy L Wagon

Post by mgjs1 »

I would be interested in any thoughts on whether the WRX springs can be easily put on the Legacy Wagon (93). I bought springs only... $5 on eBay if you can believe it... so if they are useless, that is OK.

Alternative ideas are welcome for a strut/shock/spring replacement on my 175,000 wagon with worn out suspension. I just put on 03 WRX wheels and tires and I my interest in the car is reborn!

www.senfield.com/subaru/subaru.htm
http://www.circlestickers.com
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

I would think the 93 struts would work. I understand the 91 rear suspension is different. but it still might work. I ran my sti struts, springs, and sti top mounts from my 02 wrx wagon on my 94 sports sedan. very nice improvement over stock. (sprring rates of sti 215 fr 195 rear) I no longer have a use for them so I will sell them. did you get sedan or wagon springs. wagons have softer spring rates. they are around 135/150. would be an improvement but they are not very stiff. all the top mount options should work.