Coilovers on '93 SS

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

'//icked
In Neutral

Coilovers on '93 SS

Post by '//icked »

Hi,
I'm sure this particular question has been brought up before but I cannot find a thread related specifically to a '93 SS Sedan with coilovers. From the research I have done it looks like coilovers for '93-'01 Imprezas will bolt right on with no mods? Is this correct or will there need to be some small changes to make this work? Any other coilovers to consider for a '93 SS Sedan, even if it means some small modifications (different top hats, etc)? I need to figure this out ASAP (as my car is in the shop waiting on an answer) so thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coilovers on '93 SS

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah the 93-01 Impreza coilovers should bolt up to your 93 SS.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

93-01 GC suspension is a direct fit for 90-94 legacys.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
'//icked
In Neutral

Post by '//icked »

Sweet! thanks for the replies everyone... much appreciated!
'//icked
In Neutral

Post by '//icked »

So I just found some 02-07 WRX Tein Flex Coilovers for sale cheap locally. What would I need to do to make these work with my Legacy?

Also just an FYI, I HAVE put some effort into researching this topic. However, most of the stuff I have found (in the Suspension Sticky) dealing with putting on 02-07 WRX suspension components on these Legacy's is related to the spring and struts from WRX's... but I've found very little discussing '02-'07 WRX coilovers on a '93 SS. So any help or information you can provide would be awesome! Just wanted you to know I'm not lazy and have actually tried searching this stuff :-p

Thanks again.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

you need rear top mounts for a GC, and the front camber plates will be at an angle (although this is a good thing), and you won't be able to get as much quite as much negative camber.