KYB AGX not warrantied!

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

isleymerl
In Neutral

KYB AGX not warrantied!

Post by isleymerl »

Hey all, I have a set of KYB AGX on my 91 legacy. I bought them from Superupair in Boulder in the early 2000s. At the time I was told that they were "unconditionally" warrantied for life. Last time I traded in the back ones there were no questions asked. Now they say that I need a receipt. For whatever reason the purchase is not in my account records with them and I did not keep track of the receipt because the are supposed to be "unconditionally" warrantied. I feel like I have seen it somewhere but you know how that goes. After speaking with Superupair again they say that I bought them when KYB didn't have the receipt rule but now they do. I have been searching through my receipts like crazy and cant find it. They suggested that I call KYB but I think that they will crap all over me. Does anyone have an "in" with KYB or have any advice for me? I am totally disgusted with big companies that cant stand behind their product. Also Superupair cant even find my car listed with KYB anymore for AGX.
Last edited by isleymerl on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Re: KYB AGX not warrantied!

Post by beatersubi »

I'd suggest trying to find a KYB approved dealer in your area. Or contact KYB and express you disappointment in what was sold to you as an unconditional warranty.
I've had KYB struts warranteed at a retailer other than where I bought them. I think it depends on the retailer.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
fireman2101
First Gear

Post by fireman2101 »

I have never dealt with KYB but I have had many times where I have called companies about warranty items and normally they are willing to help. Most large companies tend to be willing to work with you and if you want to solve the problem a little faster, when you call just ask for a manager right away. It might not always help but, in my experience, it tends to speeds up the process.
Semper Fi

1991 Legacy Turbo
2006 OBS- retired
isleymerl
In Neutral

Post by isleymerl »

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. I'm just too nice and they can smell it.