Okay I'm having a bitch of a time

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Nibbib
First Gear

Okay I'm having a bitch of a time

Post by Nibbib »

So my touring wagon has apexi n1 coil overs and I'm trying to go lower but of course when I bout the car it didn't come with the spanner wrenches and the shop that installed them went under so next thing I tried was contacting apexi about getting some gave them the part number but haven't gotten any response from them for a week now but I got a adjustable spanner wrench from work and the locking nuts are way to tight for me to get them to budg and I'm even using a cheater bar so if any of you guys have any trick that would help would be great or if I should take it to a local performance shop and see if they can do anything?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Okay I'm having a bitch of a time

Post by kimokalihi »

The spanner nuts are stuck? They're probably rusted to the threads. You're adjusting them away from each other, right? Spray them with pb blaster. Really soak them. Try heating them a little with a torch but be careful. You're not supposed to heat shocks because they're under pressure. Once you soak them in pb use a long punch and hammer and tap on the ridge to try to break them loose and get that pb in there.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

The threads do look rusted and I'm not trying to adjust the preload I'm trying to break loose the lowest nut and I've been using knocker loose ill try using a punch and a hammer when I was getting my fenders rolled the guy tried a flat head and rubber mallet and it wouldn't move...
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

No you need metal on metal on metal. Rubber mallet absorbs all the impact. Don't even use a screw driver. The handle with absorb impact too. Metal hammer metal punch. Use pb blaster on the threads first.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

Big ass ball peen works best
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

Okay I'll try those haha