KYB AGX fitment on a 1992 SS fitment

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

I want to run an aftermarket kyb agx shock on my 92 sedan. Do i buy the shock that fits the early imprezas and will that work with my stock spring? The reason i ask is because i cant afford and yet to even understand waht fits on out cars i read that you need to get the top spring hat for the early imprezas for the front to fit the springs but im not sure exactly what will work. please help i have been reading the suspension threads for hours. I want better grip without going into backbreaking ride quality. will aftermarket early impreza springs fit the agx's? Someone shine some light?
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Re: KYB AGX fitment on a 1992 SS fitment

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-If you want grip, sway bars and new bushings would be a great start. Stiffen up that front end.
-Sorry I cant answer your main question. That suspension thread confuses me too. I'm on RS springs right now. Lowered the car a little and didn't sacrifice ride quality. I want to go lower, without going with coil-overs but I to, don't want a back breaking ride.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

yea i want it lowered but i want to improve handling as well where do u suppose i get a set of rs springs and shocks at? And those sway bar and bushing as well ive only been looking for about a month now? She isnt fast enough around corners.
matt00rs25
First Gear

Post by matt00rs25 »

Rs25.com would be my first stop
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-There's plenty of info around here if you can find it. I take it, quite a few parts off of newer Subaru's up to 04 will almost work on our cars. Just got to do the research and find what works best and what cars to get the parts off of. Whiteline sells almost anything suspension. Sorry I'm not very helpful, but there is a lot of good people here that are and the more you dig, the more you will find great info.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

than ks guys i will start there and keep searching i know i know its just sometimes answers to questions can only be found by asking
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Check out the "sticky" near the top of each topic of the forum. Inside the suspension sticky is one that contains all the known struts thar fit our cars, along with springs, top hat info and swaybars.

Also in the sticky is "Jamal's blanket suspension recommendations"

Good luck and happy reading :)
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

The agx struts for the GC (93-01) impreza bolt right in.

Springs for an early impreza require using the impreza metal upper spring perch in the front. rears fit fine.
turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

thanks for pretty much spelling it out for me now i know what to look for ur a time saver
turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

my suspension i just realised is a hodgepodge of different brands that were all replaced at seperate times no 2 were installed at once...... explains my shatty cornering
turboboxer92
First Gear

Post by turboboxer92 »

side thought.. will using the impreza springs on the agx lower it or will it remain stockish ride height ?