PLEASE Help!!

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WastingLight
In Neutral

PLEASE Help!!

Post by WastingLight »

ok guys im calling out to you in my time of need. last night my passenger side rear strut completely blow out so no i NEED to put my new ones in. i already have stock replacement KYB GR2 struts and would like to put a stiffer spring on. reading the other thread here i came to the conclusion that i can use 02-03 WRX springs with no modification, is this correct? also i think im going to change out the top mounts, if i go with a WRX spring which ones should i get? all help is greatly appreciated, and i have read the stickies but its a bit difficult to follow and i want to be absolutely sure before i buy the springs. thanks
1994 Legacy wagon, FWD, non-turbo, 175,000 miles, 5 speed, and still gets 30 mpg IN TOWN!!
mike-tracy

Re: PLEASE Help!!

Post by mike-tracy »

I'm assuming you're talking about this quote:
THAWA wrote: If you have a 92-94 Legacy, you can use 02-03 Impreza springs as direct replacements. The 92-94 Legacies do not have tapered rear springs, and neither do the 02-03 Imprezas.
from this thread? http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=22419

You can either believe it, or choose not to ;) Info was written by THAWA in 2006, and to my knowlege no-one has called him out in that time saying his fitment guide is full of it. But I could be wrong.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Re: PLEASE Help!!

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

only issues with fitment are top mounts if you have tapered springs.
all the GC rear setups are the same as BC/BJ Legacys only the top mounts changed from year to year
the GC springs will lower the car about 1" so will the GD springs
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/