Tein Coilovers Missing A Spacer

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Tein Coilovers Missing A Spacer

Post by kimokalihi »

I recently swapped the camber plates on my front Tein coilovers to get some more caster and noticed my driver's side is missing a spacer that sits on top of the strut shaft and the pillow top bearing sits on top of this washer. The passenger side has this spacer and that's how I found out it was missing. It's been this way for 20K+ miles before I discovered it and there's always been a weird clunk when driving through parking lots with varying surfaces only on the driver's side so this could be the cause.

Is there anyone on here that works somewhere that is a tein dealer and can order this spacer for me? Or should I just take it to a machine shop and have it replicated or make my own from a pipe of the same diameter?

I just called Fastlane Performance in lakewood and they told me it would take at least 90 days to order from Japan. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. He says to search for it on ebay but I'm not finding anything on google except a couple Japanese sites.

Part number is PMP04-98474
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: Tein Coilovers Missing A Spacer

Post by cj91legss »

Are you talking about the larger Aluminum picture in this picture?

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/image.a ... cc8457a1f4

I would just see if you can get a machine shop to match it. Probably would be faster. Unfortunately you're without your legacy during the process, but i'm sure you're parking it for the winter soon anyways.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Tein Coilovers Missing A Spacer

Post by kimokalihi »

That link isn't working. Ill post a screenshot of the pdf later but I'm thinking a machine shop is my best bet. Unfortunately just in the last few days the other side began clunking badly as well. I believe its the pillow ball bearings in the camber plates. Research has revealed to me that tein pillow ball bearings are prone to wearing out and clunking due to them not have dust seals of any kind and probably cheap parts. Many have complained that their tein bearings clunked after only 5k miles! Mine lasted probably 30k miles.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson