Lowering my 92 Sedan

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

albertgeorge1
In Neutral

Lowering my 92 Sedan

Post by albertgeorge1 »

im new here. im a huge 1st gen fan! first time I have actually started modding one.
but any way on to my question.

what suspension components can I get from other Subaru"s to lower mine. im am fine with doing some fab work if needed but bolt straight on is preferred.

im a junk yard type of guy I do not plan on buying any expensive stuff!!

I may have a part vehicle (97 Subaru legacy wagon)

thanks in advance!
danialraimes
First Gear

Re: Lowering my 92 Sedan

Post by danialraimes »

This depends on how much drop you're looking for and what application the car is used for.

Buy some $550 Raceland coilovers if you are looking for a drop with actual response. You can use lowering springs also but you'll wreck struts and they don't respond as well.

Try using the search bar for this stuff, 99% of questions you can think of will have already been answered.
albertgeorge1
In Neutral

Post by albertgeorge1 »

Daily driver. And maybe 1.5-2". I did search and found a lot of stuff but most of it was aftermarket. I would like to find parts off of another Subaru.
danialraimes
First Gear

Post by danialraimes »

There is no other subaru that sits 2 inches lower than your sedan.
You could chop your springs if you're feeling extra retarded.
albertgeorge1
In Neutral

Post by albertgeorge1 »

Well I saw a post on using wrx springs and struts but it didn't say whether he did it or not and what fab work. Some of you people are so damn hard headed. If you can't help why even waste your time replying?
danialraimes
First Gear

Post by danialraimes »

There's definitely interchangeable struts which will provide a drop but the 1.5-2" you're looking for isn't possible.
I'm sorry for seeming hard headed, but I'm 110% sure this has been covered in numerous other threads. If you're looking for a 2" drop you can go aftermarket or you can chop your springs. One costs money and the other might cost your life or your car or something.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Send a message to this guy: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=51435 - I'll bet he could source you some King Springs or others that are a direct fit for our car.

I had WRX suspension on my old non-turbo. It lowered the car by around an inch in the back and RAISED it by an inch in the front. So I had the reversed rake look going on ha ha. You really need something engineered for a 1st gen legacy, or possibly a 1st gen Impreza.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.