Legacy tw 93 best 1" lift option

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

93wagonship
First Gear

Legacy tw 93 best 1" lift option

Post by 93wagonship »

Hi guys,

I was wondering what is the best 1" lift option for my 93 TW?

I want just a small lift not to mess with anything and that don't compromise more fragile suspension components like sway bar end links (even at stock height they don't seem to last much). I want a bit more clearance and maybe get rid of the saggy but when loaded? And, also, not as a primary goal, but to eventually fit one size up tires (195/65r15).

The best way is to fabricate spacers or there are any plug n play spring or strut that i can use? Or buy custom springs?

I've already bought new struts kyb gr2 for stock height, so i was wondering about springs and spacers options. Of course I could maybe try to exchange them for other model 97-98 Outback that I've been reading, but apparently give more than 2" lift and demand chassis spacer blocks and few other bits to achieve longevity for stock suspension parts.

Cheers
Wagonship: 1993 Legacy BF (High Roof Touring Wagon) EJ22 5-spd manual with low range \o/
rallyak
Third Gear

Re: Legacy tw 93 best 1" lift option

Post by rallyak »

This is what I've been looking at for mine:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171273235520?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

If you want to go with bigger tires you will be limited with the stock struts as the spring perches is what the tire will hit.
Charles

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)
93wagonship
First Gear

Post by 93wagonship »

for that price plus shipping and taxes I'm better off buying new OB struts and selling mine or either fabricating these here.

Any experience riding with those? Does it make your strut top/bottom out more often?

Thanks for the tip on the tire, I was kind of expecting that and I hate rubbing...

About the OB struts, how much lift it will give me using stock Legacy springs (if that is possible)? That could be a solution for a mild 1" lift and plus one size tires. Also, maybe gain some extra travel?

cheers
Wagonship: 1993 Legacy BF (High Roof Touring Wagon) EJ22 5-spd manual with low range \o/
93wagonship
First Gear

Post by 93wagonship »

Maybe another option for a mild lift, just heard about coil urethane buffers. Anyone using?
greendragonsegg
In Neutral

Post by greendragonsegg »

looked into these? http://www.jegs.com/i/Global+West/459/1 ... oCwV3w_wcB

only issues is you will lose some travel on the strut