»  BC-BF Legacy Discussion »  Suspension
#Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue

Custom Search
Login | Register

Post subject: Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:41 am 
First Gear
Hey this is for anyone who has squeezed a whiteline 22mm adjustable N/A fsb into their legacy. I'm doing this currently to my 93 l wagon and I am just having a hell of a time getting the new sway bar to fit past the headers, I've tried putting it through the driver side, passenger side. My suspension is in a neutral position(not sagging down its under load), the jack plate is all the way off, the passenger side header shroud is off and I still don't have the wiggle room I need! I really really don't want to drop my headers and I believe it's possible to do this without dropping them. I just want to know of any of you seasoned legacy mechanics have any tips or tricks for me? I am very mechanically inclined but this one has me struggling! Thankyou in advance!

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: Re: Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 am 
Third Gear
I pulled my el header to install mine. When I installed my sisters fsb, just a factory one, I believe I dropped her exhaust also.

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:25 am 
First Gear
rallyak wrote:
I pulled my el header to install mine. When I installed my sisters fsb, just a factory one, I believe I dropped her exhaust also.

That might just be the easiest way at this point I think haha
Thanks for your input

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:29 am 
Winestone Cowboy
Yup just drop the headers. Quick and easy on a NA and new gaskets are like $10

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:26 pm 
Second Gear
I was using the 22mm non adjustable bar so I don't know about dimension differences but I did have to unbolt the manifold from the heads (did not unbolt from the rest of the exhaust). And I was able to slide it in then.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:42 pm 
First Gear
Thankyou everyone for your help! I did just unbolt the headers (not all the way just to the end of the studs) and the bar fit right through! What a difference, I'm smiling through all the corners now. Next up rear swaybar conversion!

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:05 pm 
First Gear
ok guys I need help here...I want to get 22mm bars front and rear for my 91 legacy l non turbo awd wagon, but the goofs at whiteline cant figure out what to sell me, and I need part numbers...can anyone help me out please....need to do bars at both ends.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:37 pm 
First Gear
WRXish wrote:
ok guys I need help here...I want to get 22mm bars front and rear for my 91 legacy l non turbo awd wagon, but the goofs at whiteline cant figure out what to sell me, and I need part numbers...can anyone help me out please....need to do bars at both ends.

The part number for the front bar i used is BSF19XZ. I still have not aquired a rear bar or looked into it too deep so i am of no help there. Weird that whiteline couldnt throw you some part numbers, i swear ive read threads on here where they are able to help other first gen owners find the right bar. I dont see how your scenario is any different! hahah anyways hope that helps. nasioc might be a good aid, look for people throwing rear sways on their ~93 imprezas.

Profile  Offline