Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nortonjefferson
First Gear

Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue

Post by nortonjefferson »

Hey this is for anyone who has squeezed a whiteline 22mm adjustable N/A fsb into their legacy. I'm doing this currently to my 93 l wagon and I am just having a hell of a time getting the new sway bar to fit past the headers, I've tried putting it through the driver side, passenger side. My suspension is in a neutral position(not sagging down its under load), the jack plate is all the way off, the passenger side header shroud is off and I still don't have the wiggle room I need! I really really don't want to drop my headers and I believe it's possible to do this without dropping them. I just want to know of any of you seasoned legacy mechanics have any tips or tricks for me? I am very mechanically inclined but this one has me struggling! Thankyou in advance!
White 1993 L Wagon AWD 5MT-FXT lift, 27” MTs 380xxx miles
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Black 2005 LGT 5MT-Ej20x swapped daily, VF40/elh
rallyak
Third Gear

Re: Whiteline 22mm FRONT swaybar fitment issue

Post by rallyak »

I pulled my el header to install mine. When I installed my sisters fsb, just a factory one, I believe I dropped her exhaust also.
Charles

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)
nortonjefferson
First Gear

rallyak wrote:I pulled my el header to install mine. When I installed my sisters fsb, just a factory one, I believe I dropped her exhaust also.
That might just be the easiest way at this point I think haha
Thanks for your input
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

Yup just drop the headers. Quick and easy on a NA and new gaskets are like $10
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
TurnNburn
Second Gear

Post by TurnNburn »

I was using the 22mm non adjustable bar so I don't know about dimension differences but I did have to unbolt the manifold from the heads (did not unbolt from the rest of the exhaust). And I was able to slide it in then.
1990 NA 2.2 Open Light rally car
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Thankyou everyone for your help! I did just unbolt the headers (not all the way just to the end of the studs) and the bar fit right through! What a difference, I'm smiling through all the corners now. Next up rear swaybar conversion!
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

ok guys I need help here...I want to get 22mm bars front and rear for my 91 legacy l non turbo awd wagon, but the goofs at whiteline cant figure out what to sell me, and I need part numbers...can anyone help me out please....need to do bars at both ends.
nortonjefferson
First Gear

WRXish wrote:ok guys I need help here...I want to get 22mm bars front and rear for my 91 legacy l non turbo awd wagon, but the goofs at whiteline cant figure out what to sell me, and I need part numbers...can anyone help me out please....need to do bars at both ends.
The part number for the front bar i used is BSF19XZ. I still have not aquired a rear bar or looked into it too deep so i am of no help there. Weird that whiteline couldnt throw you some part numbers, i swear ive read threads on here where they are able to help other first gen owners find the right bar. I dont see how your scenario is any different! hahah anyways hope that helps. nasioc might be a good aid, look for people throwing rear sways on their ~93 imprezas.