Whiteline RCA for wagon

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nortonjefferson
First Gear

Whiteline RCA for wagon

Post by nortonjefferson »

Does anyone know the part number for the whiteline roll center adjustment kit for a 93 l wagon? or if it even exists? i can only find sedan kits, do they adapt to wagons? id assume so but then again im not super knowledgable on what can transfer over to wagons from sedans. thankyou for your time!
White 1993 L Wagon AWD 5MT-FXT lift, 27” MTs 380xxx miles
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Black 2005 LGT 5MT-Ej20x swapped daily, VF40/elh
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whiteline RCA for wagon

Post by Legacy777 »

Whiteline does not specifically make a RCA kit for the first gen legacies due to the difference in outer tie-rod ends between the Legacy and Impreza. I think you could use the Impreza kit anyway and swap outer tie rods. That part # is KCA313.

Here are pictures of the Legacy outer tie rods

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... s/ej22t/21

Here is the kit for the Impreza.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_det ... ber=KCA313
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Awesome that is exactly what I was looking for. Thankyou for the information, I found some threads that said generally the same thing but they were sedan specific and I didn't want to risk it. Where would be a good place to find those legacy tie rod ends? The issue I'm trying to remedy is that my endlinks are hitting my tie rods at near full lock and I know that is not safe or desirable by any means. I hate to run ghetto setups that effect parts that my life could depend on haha. Again Thankyou for sharing the knowledge and being so patient with these ever reoccurring topics
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The above kit is not designed to eliminate fitment issues, but change the suspension geometry.

I guess, what are your current suspension modifications and what are you trying to accomplish?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

nortonjefferson
First Gear

Legacy777 wrote:The above kit is not designed to eliminate fitment issues, but change the suspension geometry.

I guess, what are your current suspension modifications and what are you trying to accomplish?
Currently i have some raceland ultimo coilovers with a 22mm whiteline fsb and some perrin wrx endlinks i modified to fit the lca endlink bracket.
Nothing too crazy or overboard, but the issue im having is that at almost full steering lock my endlink/swaybar tab is hitting my tie rod. I cant say that it is hitting the tie rod over bumps or any of that, just when i am steering real sharp. I had read over on nabisco one of the easy ways to help alleaviate (not a solve all by any means) aftermarket endlink collisions with the stock tie rod was to buy one of these roll center kits. Although the most common answer seemed to be "your car is too low, subarus arent supposed to be lowered like that" etc etc which holds some truth but i know it is possible to have a low car and not have collision issues with suspension. :roll:
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

The difference between the sedan and wagon (02-07 impreza are the only case where the track is different) is at the inner tie rod, not outer.

I think on one side the whiteline kit will be too long on your car, but you could maybe change the inner end to a newer one where they are the same left to right.

I can't say that it will actually solve your problem with rubbing. The control arm, tie rod, and endlink are all still going to move the same amount relative to each other, and they only space things down about 1/4" of an inch.

Still a good idea on a lowered car. I have a set.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The kit that I linked to is meant for the GC chassis Impreza so there's no difference between the wagon & sedans.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

What I meant was that even in cases where the wagon and sedan ARE different, the outer tie rods are still the same. There's only one subaru roll center kit- kca313. Works on everything except for the brz. And the old cars with a funny short tie rod on one side.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Ok, gotcha.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT