Coilovers for a 93 Turbo Wagon

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

FromTheNorth
In Neutral

Coilovers for a 93 Turbo Wagon

Post by FromTheNorth »

Does anybody have any advice on good coilovers for my 93 Turbo touring Wagon? I'm new to Subarus so I'm not sure what all is interchangeable. I'm looking for something that doesn't take to much customization
mike-tracy

Re: Coilovers for a 93 Turbo Wagon

Post by mike-tracy »

There's cheap and rides like crap, and won't last very long. Or Very expensive with decent/good longevity and good ride quality.

Before you post in a section, make sure you are reading the "sticky notes" with threads of note. In the suspension section it's called "Suspension Sticky Compilation Thread."

Jamal and others have gone over what fits. Check out his blanket Suspension recommendations in the sticky. He is talking about struts and springs for the most part, but mentions one or two coilovers around the $1000-1500 range that don't break the bank but do ride well.

Basically if that's more than you want to spend, then you are stuck with the BC or Megan racing ones, or other cheepo eBay Chinese ones.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
ride_child
Third Gear

Post by ride_child »

megan* ;)
Kris

'91 Mica White SS - R.I.P.
'88 White RX Turbo sedan - SOLD
'91 Black SS - SOLD
'93 Silver Turbo Wagon - Hibernation/Project Mode
'91 Black Camry Alltrac - R.I.P.
'09 DGM Forester XT Limited - Daily
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Wut?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Well, megan is not very good. Neither are stance, bc racing, raceland, k-sport etc, etc. Plenty of people use it, people like it, but I won't touch it. You want help and advice about that stuff, you are on your own.

I do have a thread that mike mentioned, but it is a bit out of date and some of the stuff in there is no longer available. However, I have recently gone over a few of the options still out there and have been meaning to start another thread about it.

Off the top of my head, KYB still has the AGX, and there are a coiuple of GC impreza specific coilovers out there that are both not crap and still available. The ST coilovers for example, which are a budget version of th KW variant 1, cost less than 1000. There is no reason to buy a megan/bc/k-sport etc part instead of those

Also, I do have that vendor thing going on and do like to help out the 1st gen legacy guys.
Last edited by jamal on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter@functionauto.com
Pntaste4evr99
Winestone Cowboy

Post by Pntaste4evr99 »

I Have a set of Tein street coilovers, for 02-ish wrx, and am looking for a different spring, to try and "stiffing" the car a little bit. Do u know if they or someone else make a diff spring for the frt?
94 Winestone SS 5MT Rob 550 20g. (Pickle)
Original WA car with 460k miles and climbing
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Think they use 70mm ID springs. Eibach has a variety of rates and lengths. Do you know what the current spring rates are front and rear? I would guess 200 or 225mm long and probably 7k front 5k rear.

Going stiffer in the front without changing the rear would not be good for handling. But you could go up to 8k and put the 7k fronts on the rear. That would be stiffer, improve balance, and not be too much for the dampers. New, the springs are about $80 a piece.
peter@functionauto.com