STi/WRX Suspension Swap on 94 Legacy

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legolover94
In Neutral

STi/WRX Suspension Swap on 94 Legacy

Post by legolover94 »

I have a 94 Legacy L AWD wagon. I am looking to upgrade the suspension.

What year STi/WRX struts and springs can I bolt directly on? What would it take to swap 2013 STi struts and springs?

I know nothing about my current suspension dimensions or even the intricate parts on any given suspension setup. I run 195/65 r15 tires.

This novice thanks you for your help.
mike-tracy

Re: STi/WRX Suspension Swap on 94 Legacy

Post by mike-tracy »

Hi and welcome! Check out the Suspension Compilation Sticky thread, the first posting in this section.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

legolover94 wrote: What year STi/WRX struts and springs can I bolt directly on? What would it take to swap 2013 STi struts and springs?
Those will not work at all. The front lower mounts on the sti are larger, the front top mounts are different, and the rear of the 08+ impreza has a completely different suspension design.

Most 02-07 impreza parts will sort of work but that is all getting pretty old if you are finding used parts and does not exactly fit anyway.

My suggestion would be to buy some new KYB struts meant for the 92-94 legacy. That's about $300 in parts. If you are looking for better performance I could probably come up with something, depends on what you are trying to do and how much you want to spend.
silly
In Neutral

Post by silly »

Yesterday I put my old struts from my 02' wrx onto the '90 Legacy Sedan. Just the fronts, it's what I had sitting around. Only think I had to do as far as modifications was the holder for the brake lines are different.