Auto to manual swap help please!!!

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Burrit-G802
In Neutral

Auto to manual swap help please!!!

Post by Burrit-G802 »

I have a 1991 sedan with a 2.2na motor that my buddy and I converted from an auto fwd to a manual awd using a 2000 rs as a donor car. The RS driveshaft is to short though. does anybody know what driveshafts will work? All the local salvage yards are out of manual legacys from this generation. Would anything else work? Thanks...
mike-tracy

Re: Auto to manual swap help please!!!

Post by mike-tracy »

It really has to be from a manual 90-94 legacy wagon or sedan. The 95-99 legacy shaft was close, but I had one pop out while driving in a bad neighborhood in Tacoma. The center diff ate itself within a minute, never to recover.

You can get them for just under $100 from junkyards that ship. I can provide you with a name if you are interested.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Burrit-G802
In Neutral

Post by Burrit-G802 »

mike-tracy wrote:It really has to be from a manual 90-94 legacy wagon or sedan. The 95-99 legacy shaft was close, but I had one pop out while driving in a bad neighborhood in Tacoma. The center diff ate itself within a minute, never to recover.

You can get them for just under $100 from junkyards that ship. I can provide you with a name if you are interested.

That would be great if you could give me contact info. Thank you,
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

The one I went through to get a driveshaft was B&R - website is, http://www.autowrecking.com/ though I did all the ordering through the phone.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.