1993 L Wagon AWD-only two wheels spinning

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

moscali
In Neutral

1993 L Wagon AWD-only two wheels spinning

Post by moscali »

2 months ago I blew the clutch in my 1993 Legacy L Wagon 5mt. I had blow 4th gear a few months prior, so I decided that I might as well replace the tranny when I fixed the clutch. I found a tranny out of a 1996 outback 2.2 (4.11 fgr) an hour away, so I pulled it and finished everything up last weekend. There's a problem though. It wont drive. After much effort I was able to get it to drive 50 ft ish, but it seemed like one of the wheels was locked. Fast forward to today, I jacked all four tires off the ground and put it in first gear to see what was up. Only the left-rear and the right-front tires would spin. The left-front and the right-rear will not spin, even if I try to spin them by hand. My guess is it has something to do with the breaks? Any help is appreciated.
SouperPoo
First Gear

Re: 1993 L Wagon AWD-only two wheels spinning

Post by SouperPoo »

I can't quite remember which wheels hill holder locks but I would assume that is your issue if you have it.
moscali
In Neutral

Post by moscali »

SouperPoo wrote:I can't quite remember which wheels hill holder locks but I would assume that is your issue if you have it.
That's exactly what it was! The Hill-holder (https://i.sli.mg/MNbKBw.jpg). Weird Japanese stuff.
SouperPoo
First Gear

Post by SouperPoo »

Excellent. Mine would engage randomly on my previous 1994 like in level parking lots haha