Upgraded shift bushings for 91 leggy wagon NA HELP

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WRXish
First Gear

Upgraded shift bushings for 91 leggy wagon NA HELP

Post by WRXish »

Ok, multiple engine R&Rs and two transmission R&Rs have trashed the year old shift bushings in my wagon...dang it. So rather than put stock back in...is there an upgraded bushing set available without having to change linkage? If so, where? If not, who makes the best OEM style bushing set? Gotta do something and it makes sense to do when the clutch is replaced next week...HELP
WRXish
First Gear

Re: Upgraded shift bushings for 91 leggy wagon NA HELP

Post by WRXish »

anyone that can make a recommendation please chime in...this is time sensitive I need to get parts in hand by monday of next week!!!!!
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

It's probably long out of production, but if you're dead set on keeping the old style shifter linkage, kartboy made a set for pre-1996 impreza that was supposed to worked in our cars.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

The linkage on that bolts together, so you can replace the bushings. I can't find a part number and they might not be available anymore, but maybe a dealer could track a set down. Or, if you just take it apart and measure you could probably find something that fits online, at mcmaster carr or something, which is where my bushings came from (different linage and I don't remember the size/pn though).
peter@functionauto.com