Need your brake pad suggestions

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jefferson
Third Gear

Need your brake pad suggestions

Post by jefferson »

I would like to know what pads you guys would recommend for the stock turbo brakes. I want more power out of them than what I have. I have no idea what pads are on the car,but I am sure they are some cheapy pad. They barely even dust the wheels and just don't have much bite.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

tires will help you stop more than brakes, but i would recommend subaru ones or hawk probably.

I rolled on Napa ones before and they do alright for the price
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

i love ebc. i would go with anything ebc makes. they stop the best i have every had out of brake pads.
1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I've heard good things about EBC, as well. I'd also like to hear some more suggestions, I'm in the market for new pads.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

well it's actually going to come down to whatever decent pad you can get in the shape for your car that is applicable to your driving and use.

I'm on hawk hps pads, which are nothing special but work well enough and can deal with a reasonable amount of heat.

Hawk, porterfield, ferodo, etc all make good pads. I'd just get whatever is cheap and fits your car.