Ok so what now? Damn ABS!!!!!!

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

HandleWitCare
First Gear

Ok so what now? Damn ABS!!!!!!

Post by HandleWitCare »

So my abs light has been on for ever!!!! I have finaly got the code off of the Abs unit, Throwing code 16, From what i read its either My G-sensor or my Abs unit? How do i go about figuring out wich one? And also I found where the G-sensor is located, But where would i find a replacement? Can anyone help? im :cry:!!!!! If i cant fix the problem soon i have to sell my baby :( Everything else is running great other than the knock sensor i have to change(NO biggie lol ) PLEASE HELP ME !!!!! Any suggestions?
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Re: Ok so what now? Damn ABS!!!!!!

Post by gijonas »

Why sell it cuz of that?? your better off with it not working anyway.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

Well heres the problem, i have so much into this and i cant get it to pass safety because of the breaks. Tryed to pull the abs fuses and well that didnt help?l I still have no breaks. The pedal is hard as hell and barely stops. I have bleed all the breaks in the correct order and no air, I toped off the master cylinder with new fluid and still not breaks. WTF? all the pads and rotors are fine and the calipers seem to engage. Where do i go now? It will stop but it wont stop suddenly. So my guess is that i need either a new master cylinder or a brake booster? IDK All i know is i need a car now!!!! and i have been fussing witht this damn thing to long!
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

So i just unhooked the vacuum hose from the booster and It did nothing? I mean wether its hooked up or not the brakes are still the same? So would that mean the booster is bad? I had someone push on the brake with my finger over the booster hose inlet and it barley sucked anything but i could hear it. How strong should the vacuum be? Could there be a leak inside?
speedmaxx
Second Gear

Post by speedmaxx »

When I had removed my intake manifold from ej22e I had to remove the brake booster hose, when I reinstalled everything the car fired right up but I had no brakes.'ended up being I put the hose on backwards.
93 legacy l
to much to list....
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

Hmm i guess ill try it the other way. I belive that i have it on there the right way but what the hell might as well switch it before i shell out 300 for a new booster, According to my Hanes Its is most likely the booster is bad.... So if this hose dosent work then im off to autozone.. lol Thanx guys ill keep you up todate to see if we figured this out or not... lol
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

OMG!!!! THANK YOU SPEEDMAXXX!!!! I HAVE BREAKS!!! SO that means who ever did the lines last messed up? and to think i got this car for 300 becuase of that.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU OFF TO GET MY CAR LEGAL!!!!!!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

When you mentioned you had no brake pressure, I was thinking the line may be backwards.

Glad you got it figured out.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
tahiti350
Third Gear

Post by tahiti350 »

wow... so the check valve is in the middle of the vacumn line someplace instead of being at the booster like an american car?
'90 Bermuda Blue L Wagon (Wife's),
Auto, AWD, Now with 275K + miles!

2005 Outback, 2.5 AWD (wife's new daily)
lucas
Third Gear

Post by lucas »

i just unhooked mine. no real loss
1993 legacy ss "Shela"
subydaddy
First Gear

Post by subydaddy »

tahiti350 wrote:wow... so the check valve is in the middle of the vacumn line someplace instead of being at the booster like an american car?

Yep, that is correct.

So if your brakes ever feel the same with the car on or off that is most likely the problem. Yay for power assisted brakes. And yay for figuring out your problem and not having to sell your car. My heart will break when that day comes for me.
04 Impreza WRX Sedan - Sold
06 Impreza 2.5i Wagon - Sold
92 Legacy SS Sedan - Sold
94 Legacy L Wagon
02 Rendezvous CXL
91 Legacy L Sedan FWD
HandleWitCare
First Gear

Post by HandleWitCare »

Everything is going great... other than the fact that with the car getting really old and gas is well not getting cheaper.. I am seriously considering selling the Tleg... I love it yes but for what im paying to drive it i could be driving some thing i might actually pull on someone in.. .lol I just raced my cuz new speed with exhaust and intake and i pulled him till 75.. but then it was like i hit the breaks and he took of... lol Im not stock by any means... so i think it may be time not sure yet... but i def want another suby i just want a faster one. :mrgreen:
subydaddy
First Gear

Post by subydaddy »

HandleWitCare wrote:Everything is going great... other than the fact that with the car getting really old and gas is well not getting cheaper.. I am seriously considering selling the Tleg... I love it yes but for what im paying to drive it i could be driving some thing i might actually pull on someone in.. .lol I just raced my cuz new speed with exhaust and intake and i pulled him till 75.. but then it was like i hit the breaks and he took of... lol Im not stock by any means... so i think it may be time not sure yet... but i def want another suby i just want a faster one. :mrgreen:

I hear ya on the speed thing. I had an 04 WRX (the only thing still stock "power wise" was the turbo/injectors/fuel pump) That car never scared me until I put an STi shortblock in it. That car was so much fun after that, there wasn't much out there that would pull on me in second gear, but the turbo ran out of breath in third. My God it had some torque though, and compared to stock, zero turbo lag.... ah the days. Hopefully someday I'll be back in one so I can duplicate my old car (now that I have more knowledge of what is worth adding and what is not) But at the time it was just too much of a money pit.
04 Impreza WRX Sedan - Sold
06 Impreza 2.5i Wagon - Sold
92 Legacy SS Sedan - Sold
94 Legacy L Wagon
02 Rendezvous CXL
91 Legacy L Sedan FWD