swapping to non turbo rear brake set up?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subytech
Second Gear

swapping to non turbo rear brake set up?

Post by subytech »

Just got an insane deal on rotors, pads, and lines from a friend that works at Giro Disc but it's all GC8 stuff that would require me to swap to the skinnier rear rotor (non-vented) and accompanying caliper, can anyone think of why this wouldn't physically work? Edit- So after a bit more research it looks like I need non turbo rear backing plates, due to an apparent odd bolt spacing of the turbo legacy caliper, and the non turbo caliper. Anyone confirm this?
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
subytech
Second Gear

Re: swapping to non turbo rear brake set up?

Post by subytech »

nobody?
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Not true....there's no difference in the backing plate bolt spacing.

I have run non-turbo legacy rear calipers, turbo legacy rear calipers, and JDM Legacy 11.4" vented rear calipers all on the same backing plate.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Why would you want to downgrade? Even for a good deal...
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

The benefits of a vented rear rotor are pretty negligible for most drivers. If we were talking a change in rotor diameter then it might be a bigger deal. If I was getting cheap parts, I'd probably swap too.
SUBARUEHS Racing