i have a problem with left rear wheel :(

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

trlegacy
In Neutral

i have a problem with left rear wheel :(

Post by trlegacy »

When i was using my car in pitted way,a sound comes from left rear wheel.where does it come from? i changed shock absorber but sound didnt finish i think some roller might be damaged but i am not sure.help me please
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: i have a problem with left rear wheel :(

Post by kimokalihi »

Can you describe the sound? It could be a few things. Wheel bearing or strut or control arm...
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

This might be difficult with an obvious language barrier, but what does the noise sound like? Is it a grinding sound, errrrerrrrrrerrrrrrerrrrrrerrrrrerrrrr? A clunking sound, cackung-cackung-cackung-cackung? A popping sound, tack-tack-tack-tack-tack? Or a swishing sound, shhhhh-shhhhh-shhhhh (that last one might not translate well at all)?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
trlegacy
In Neutral

Post by trlegacy »

A sound like popping sound "tack tack"
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Could be a bad axle. Check for a ripped rubber boot, but that's not always the cause of failure. When they wear out, play develops in the joint and when the wheel is resisting more, like from a turn, the power trying to go through the axle and the wheel's resistance to turning cause a fight within the free play space of the joint. The inside of the joint bangs alternately against either side of the worn space, making the popping sound.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
trlegacy
In Neutral

Post by trlegacy »

But my car has not rear axle.it is fwd.maybe,i couldnt describe the sound sometimes "tırr tırr tırr" sometimes "tack tack tack" i went to car service and they couldnt find any problem but sound very bad.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Sounds like it's a wheel bearing going, but it might be something simple: does your car have rear disc brakes? If it does, then make sure the backing plate is at least 1 cm from the rotor surface. The rotor flexes when cornering, so even if the backing plate has a few mm clearance, it can still contact in turns and cause a scraping noise. You can bend the plate away with a screwdriver or anything you can fit in there. I've only seen this problem with the front brakes, but I can't see why it couldn't happen on the rear. If you have drum brakes, then never mind, it's probably a wheel bearing.
trlegacy
In Neutral

Post by trlegacy »

Rear brakes are campane brake.Likelihood left rear wheel rollers and wheel bearing will change.i hope this sound will be finish.My doubt was it can be another problem for example campane or shock absorber but i am sure now.
thank you