Parking brake.

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Parking brake.

Post by Danny-G »

I'm gong to need new shoes for it and, so far, everywhere I've asked about the shoes has looked at me like I'm nuts. Anyone know where to get the parking brake shoes? I know this seems like a simple question but I don't know where to find them. I haven't tried the dealership yet due to funds.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Parking brake.

Post by evolutionmovement »

I think I bought mine at Autozone.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

Order them from www.subarugenuineparts.com right now, if they have them in stock you will get them by Tuesday, if not you would get them on Thursday. It is one of the more entertaining brake jobs you will do to your Subaru.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I HATE messing with those stupid drum parking brakes :)

I would highly recommend you take a picture of exactly how everything looks prior to disassembly. That way if you're mid-way through installation and can't remember how all the pieces go together, you have a reference.

It's also good if you only do one side at a time so you have the other side as reference. I've got some misc pictures in my swap write-up.

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/swap/pictures.html
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Make sure you turn the adjuster on the back of the drum to get the shoes off/out of the drum before trying to pull the rotor off.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.