Honing wheels to fit

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

celliott89
In Neutral

Honing wheels to fit

Post by celliott89 »

So I just bought some new 15 inch 5 spokes that I found at a junk yard. Me being exited about how they looked and the fact that they were 5x100 and not suby stock rims i neglected to check it the center ring mount of the wheel would clear. Unfortunately there is a small lip and therefore a clearance issue... I need to shave some of the metal off the inside of that ring so they fit... Anyways, does anyone know the exact diameter of the ring in the center of the bolts so i can get a honing tool to shave the rims down to fit... Also, has anyone every honed wheels to fit???? I think its 3 inches in diameter but i do not want to ruin my rims i want to get it right the first try...

Thanks
celliott89
In Neutral

Re: Honing wheels to fit

Post by celliott89 »

Essentially, I need to get the size of the bore on the hub of the new wheels small enough so they can fit on... I probably wasnt too clear in the earlier post because I couldnt think of the correct words to describe what I was talking about
silver03
First Gear

Re: Honing wheels to fit

Post by silver03 »

56.1 mm center bore, most subie wheels. You could always order up a set of hub rings if you need to.