acceptable tire size range

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mike-tracy

Re: acceptable tire size range

Post by mike-tracy »

I am still rocking the 6spoke rs wheels with the stock tire size btw
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
AncientLeggy
In Neutral

Post by AncientLeggy »

Thanks much for all the info. I'm willing to compromise the unevenness for now until they're more worn out (85k). Just gotta figure out the tires situation since they still have fair amount of life left in them. The current 14" steelies just can't hold air well anymore, hence wanting to move the RS wheels to the BC.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Sounds like you have made your decision. The RS suspension is a lot sportier than the stock legacy stuff, but still comfortable to drive around in.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
AncientLeggy
In Neutral

Post by AncientLeggy »

Yeah, I don't really have the budget for extra stuff at the moment, and selling the RS suspensions & wheels to get new ones isn't really economical since they aren't worth a lot these days. I'm hoping to find a cost-effective solution for the moment. Thanks again for your help.
Mister Anderson
First Gear

Post by Mister Anderson »

I'd figure I would add some tire/wheel combos that I have ran, or know someone that has. My 93 wagon has STi 5x114.3's with a 45 series tire and is 225mm wide. This rim needs STi hubs, or adapters. I bought project kics 15mm adapters and I will say that, that 8 inch rim barely clears the strut even with the added 15mm, and the fenders have to be rolled. My 91 SS is running BBS 17 RC rims with a ET of 35. I have BFGoodrich Comp 2's on them, they are 45/205's. The fender must be rolled to run this offset. My uncle just picked up a set of BBS STi 5x100 goldies with 45/225 tires on them. He said they fit fine. He also had a really nice set of BBS LM 18's that had 45/215mm tires on them. These are a 7 inch rim, forgot the ET. Fitment of the stock brakes were fine. It wasn't until he put on other brakes that they had to be spaced.
91 black SS 5 speed (Canadian).... Closed deck EJ20G, fully built, V5/6 sti ra drivetrain, haltech stand-alone
93 silver TW 5 speed... rebuilt 22T with 20G heads, wrx ra drivetrain, otherwise stock.
73 kazen red VW bus riviera camper
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

AncientLeggy wrote:Does anyone know if 205/55/16 on 16x7 +53 or 16x6.5 +55 would fit the 92-94 with stock suspensions from a GC RS without rubbing? I went through the fitment thread but didn't find one with this setup. Thanks for your inputs.
I realize you might already know the answer to this one but they will fit but you will be close to rubbing on the strut...but it clears by about 3/16" of an inch. I ran that size for nearly a year on stock suspension and it worked just fine, no rubbing anywhere
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

I just changed to 225 50 16s on the 91 wagon and have major clearance issues in the rear....major fender lip rolling required and im also running coilovers. Inside clearance ok outside not enough with the 53mm offset wheels 7.5 inches wide