SS brake lines question

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

coffeeman885
First Gear

SS brake lines question

Post by coffeeman885 »

I think that these will work but I wanted confirmation before I bought them. I think that I will just have to zip tie them to the struts (which I already do). The ones in question are the 02 - on WRX ones.
Thanks

http://www.fastwrx.com/teststbrlibl.html

I know that these mainly help with pedal feel but will these help my braking at all? I am running 18 year old rubber lines right now. I am hoping that these with a change of fluid will at least get rid of the mushyness.
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

'94 Legacy L Wagon "Bluella"
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SS brake lines question

Post by Legacy777 »

Yes those should work, and as you suspected, you'll just need to zip tie them to the struts.

As for improving your braking....probably not. Depending on how bad the rubber lines are and how old the fluid is, the new lines along with fresh fluid & bleeding should improve the pedal feel. But from doing my cars, it's not an earth shattering difference.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
91Beater
First Gear

Post by 91Beater »

If the fluid was replaced now I don't think you'll notice it if someone replaced the rubber lines with SS lines while you're at work without telling you.

If you know that it was replaced and you spent the money & put the effort there will be a psychological effect.
coffeeman885
First Gear

Post by coffeeman885 »

I figured there will probably be a small difference since my lines are 18 years old. I will know after oct 1 sometime.
Speed limits are like herpes - once you get them you will never be rid of them. - Jeremy Clarkson

'94 Legacy L Wagon "Bluella"