diamond racing wheels?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

awd_pwnz
In Neutral

diamond racing wheels?

Post by awd_pwnz »

i tried searching.. doesnt seem like anyone have used these on legacy bf's..im somewhat local to them so im trying to run them as my winter/dd setup on my 94 legacy.
mike-tracy

Re: diamond racing wheels?

Post by mike-tracy »

Hadn't heard of them. Do they have subaru AWD specific offsets for their wheels?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
awd_pwnz
In Neutral

Post by awd_pwnz »

Awd specific offset? What do you mean by that? You mean 5x100 small/weak wheel bearing friendly? Please enlighten me.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Subaru wheels tend to have a higher positive offset compared to other cars. Stock subaru wheels are around +50 to +55 mm of offset. Compare that to most aftermarket wheels not specifically for Subarus, and the offset is between +35 and +45 mm.

I'm currently running +45 mm 16" wheels and you should be ok with something like that.

Here's some more info on offset:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
awd_pwnz
In Neutral

Post by awd_pwnz »

I guess your terminology didn't make sense to me "awd specific offset" /"Subaru offset" got me confused since its such a generalization. I thought I was missing something lol. I know what wheel offset is relative wheel fitment But offset has nothing to do with awd or Subaru. Most subarus have been 5x100 meaning they have small/weak wheel bearings which don't allow you to run low offset wheels as it affects the radial load on the wheel bearing causing it to fail sooner. this is the only reason why the offsets are high. If all subarus were 5x114 with beefier bearings like the 05+ sti's low offset wheels wouldn't be a problem(i wish)
Corifto
First Gear

Post by Corifto »

Diamond are cheap, heavy wheels available in custom offset and width, up to 16" wide. They're essentially circle track wheels. Similar to Bassetts, although Bassetts aren't available in the custom sizes. They're largely popular in the 240sx/Ae86/Miata crowd, and I've seen them on a Volvo or two. I ran a similar Aero wheel on my Miata.
-Corey
'93 240sx Hatch-Wrecked/Stripped
'93 240sx Coupe-Sold
'90 Miata-Sold
'89 240sx Hatch-Sold
'93 240sx Coupe-Sold
'93 Legacy Turbo Wagon
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

I used them on my 78 280z and on my 83 Recaro Race edition 280zx they look good for how cheap they are, you can get them in almost any offset, for the 76 it was a track car so it was awesome because i could basically get custom rims for cheap, only issue HEAVY AS HELL when i went from some forged wheels i had to the "super steelies" i noticed it was slower because of the weight....
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

yes sir the steel wheels are not very light but they are nice looking and very inexpensive, plus very easy to maintain and paint too.
I have a custom set of subaru 16" steelies

Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/
Nibbib
First Gear

Post by Nibbib »

diesel devil wrote:yes sir the steel wheels are not very light but they are nice looking and very inexpensive, plus very easy to maintain and paint too.
I have a custom set of subaru 16" steelies

how wide are those and offset?
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I looked into them before I bought my Stance wheels, nothing wrong with them, just heavy.

To answer about Subaru offsets, they're custom and they'll make them in pretty much any size or offset you want. I've always been curious what the other designs looked like on cars, I only ever see the typical steelie style like above.