Lugnuts?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Lugnuts?

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Just curious if lugnuts from a WRX are the same as on our cars. A few of mine are crap so I thought I'd pick up a few extras from a WRX guy. So, are they the same?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

My car has gorilla lug nuts that are off of a GC8 impreza. I'm pretty sure they're the same.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

As far as I know, at least when I was shopping for lugs for my rims, all Subarus from 90's up have 12 X 1.25 bolt size, so look for that. My Discount Auto Parts has some sample bolts to check and see what fits what...

I also got Gorillas, pretty good...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I used WRX lugs on my 90 legacy.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yes, as everyone's said, they are the same.

The 12x1.25 thread is actually also the same as our shifter knobs. For a while I used a lug nut as my shifter knob until I got my leather boot in place. It looked kind of cool with no boot, and it encouraged me to shift gently for the transmission. =)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Oh, just thought I'd add -- The WRX lug nuts are the same as the Legacy lug nuts, but the nuts do differ between alloy and steel wheels. That's supposedly kind of important. I guess they have different seating surfaces or something.
scoobiedoo22
First Gear

Post by scoobiedoo22 »

The lugs off the WRX alloys are the same seat and thread pattern as the steelies on the regular Impreza and Legacy's, it's just the alloys have chrome lugs that have an acorn top (closed in top) while the regular lugs are open ended 20 cent steel cheapies.
1991 Legacy SS 5-Speed

1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe