Left front caliper sticking.

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

pooperscooper
In Neutral

Left front caliper sticking.

Post by pooperscooper »

So I have this 1992 legacy and I just redid this calipers and put brand new rotors/pads on, and the left caliper/drivers side keeps sticking (the rotor wont turn at all). :(

If I let off pressure by bleeding while not pumping it lets the rotor go and it is free again. I really have no idea what is going on because this has not happened to me on any other car and I can't seem to find any info on this.

It's non-ABS.

Any help is useful, Thanks in advance!
1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan (DD)
1996 Subaru Impreza (Redneck Rally Machine)
jefferson
Third Gear

Re: Left front caliper sticking.

Post by jefferson »

If your brake lines are original I would replace them. With age they can collapse on the inside and not release pressure. I speak from experience. Good time to upgrade to stainless braided hoses.
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
Lukas20
In Neutral

Post by Lukas20 »

In my situation it was a problem with master cylinder. Everything was the same, just in the passenger side. You can replace it or try to adjust the bolt inside the master cylinder, which holds the piston and spring together. But at first make sure that your brake lines are in good condition.
pooperscooper
In Neutral

Post by pooperscooper »

Alright, help from the local mechanic informed me about the hill holder. It was too tight after a gearbox change. Thank you all for helping though!
1992 Subaru Legacy Sedan (DD)
1996 Subaru Impreza (Redneck Rally Machine)