Legacy SS rear backing plates?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

xise
Third Gear

Legacy SS rear backing plates?

Post by xise »

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone knows where to buy rear backing plates for the sport sedan, I have some severely rotted ones that I want to replace so I can retain the handbrake. I am scraping a GC impreza shell that has all my goods from my old SS including the brakes and want to swap all this over to a GF wagon.

I t has been sitting for a long time so I am going to get new rotors and pads, I am taking everything as an assembly from the struts along with the rear crossmemeber and spindles etc because the struts are brand new. I know I am going to need to seperate the wheel bearing to get in there so ill need to replace all that shit when I do it. If i am going that deep im not reusing tinfoil backing plates.

Anyone know where to get aftermarket backing plates or part numbers from the dealer? I searched but could only find threads swapping to other brake setups. I like that the rear rotors are vented so I was going to stick with these.
2004 Impreza 2.5RS Fränkenpreza Daily Driver
1993 Legacy Sport: Sedan Sex Panther-R.I.P. @ the boneyard
1991 Legacy L Wagon: Sex Panther II
2005 Outback XT Turbo grocery-getter Wife's Daily Driver
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legacy SS rear backing plates?

Post by Legacy777 »

Have you tried looking for the part number in the parts catalog I posted?

viewtopic.php?t=30531

Honestly, I would get a used hub from a junk yard where you don't have to separate the bearing. Dealing with the bearings is a pain in the butt.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm