Spotted Thread

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

klaxed
Second Gear

Spotted Thread

Post by klaxed »

I think there needs to be a spotted thread for any sightings of 1st gen legacys. I know people start threads for individual cars, but I think it would be nice to have a thread where everyone could post/relate to (despite having members all over the country/world).

I will start this off by saying that I saw a white 1st gen legacy wagon today in kenmore around 1:30 pm. I looked to be lowered and had after market wheels (grey/gunmetal?) and had exhaust too (sounded sick). You on here?
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

This forum isn't big enough to post all the 1st-gen Legacies I see everyday. Here in Boulder County, there's literally at least one every city block...no kidding. :)
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

I also see some from time to time and wonder if their owners are members here. But a Spotted! thread is just so... NASIOC.

An alternative would be for us all to get LC stickers and put them in a similar location on our cars.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

beatersubi wrote:An alternative would be for us all to get LC stickers and put them in a similar location on our cars.
Oooo, I like that idea!

In fact, I just happen to own a sign/decal shop...if this site has a logo already (even if not), I'd be happy to make a few "samples" at the very least. With all the Leggies around here, it would be the ONLY way to spot forum members.
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-And more!
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

last discussed in 2006... still nothing
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

magicmike wrote:http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

last discussed in 2006... still nothing
Okay...thing is, I wasn't here then, and neither were a lot of the current board members. If there is any actual interest in getting some LC decals made, I can definitely make it happen...
-And more!
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

SLODRIVE wrote:This forum isn't big enough to post all the 1st-gen Legacies I see everyday. Here in Boulder County, there's literally at least one every city block...no kidding. :)

So thats where im going for vacation then
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Bdub
Second Gear

Post by Bdub »

A ton of 1st Gen.'s in CT as well. I see more wagons than anything, but there are also a bunch of sedans here. All n/a.
I've probably only seen less than a handful of TW's and SS's. Seems those are all in Oregon and Washington state.
Through The Generations...
91 SS 4eat
95 LSi 4eat- Sold
07 2.5i 5mt- For Sale
13 STI Sedan
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

Well it is true that I do see quite a few 1st gens on any given day, but I was more going at modded ones or ones that are visibly modded as they are more than likely members here. Though it is true that there are members who have first gens that aren't modded at all.

That sticker idea is a good one though it hasn't seemed to have gotten anywhere.
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

SLODRIVE wrote:
beatersubi wrote:An alternative would be for us all to get LC stickers and put them in a similar location on our cars.
Oooo, I like that idea!

In fact, I just happen to own a sign/decal shop...if this site has a logo already (even if not), I'd be happy to make a few "samples" at the very least. With all the Leggies around here, it would be the ONLY way to spot forum members.
You mean something like this?

I like the top and middle fonts but would rather have them in black or grey w/ no background. And affordability is key. $3.49 is not much money, but to realistically get the majority of members involved it'd have to be less than that, shipped.
Personally I don't have a problem spotting modded Legacys around. Its the stock-looking SS and TW drivers that I wonder about.
And lastly would be a uniform-ish location for the sticker. I think something subtle but easily recognizable would be best. I'm thinking something like this.
Discuss.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Re: Spotted Thread

Post by BSOD2600 »

klaxed wrote:I will start this off by saying that I saw a white 1st gen legacy wagon today in kenmore around 1:30 pm. I looked to be lowered and had after market wheels (grey/gunmetal?) and had exhaust too (sounded sick). You on here?
Sounds like me :P. Typically on my way to work, passing through Kennmore, Bothell to I-405 around 1:30pm.

Look familiar?
-----------------

As for my spotted... Last Friday, saw a white SS going north on I-5 in the express lanes around 145th. Didn't catch much else since I was getting off...

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

beatersubi wrote: You mean something like this?

I like the top and middle fonts but would rather have them in black or grey w/ no background. And affordability is key. $3.49 is not much money, but to realistically get the majority of members involved it'd have to be less than that, shipped.
Personally I don't have a problem spotting modded Legacys around. Its the stock-looking SS and TW drivers that I wonder about.
And lastly would be a uniform-ish location for the sticker. I think something subtle but easily recognizable would be best. I'm thinking something like this.
Discuss.

Hmmm, I hadn't noticed those...

Not to step on the toes of whoever designed them (they DO look good), but I'd like something a little more visible in traffic, and perhaps with a font similar to Subaru's. My wife's an awesome designer, I can see what she can come up with. And I don't see why they couldn't be much less expensive, as long as there's an actual demand.

Sorry, I'm done hijacking this thread...Perhaps a separate thread should be made for this?
-And more!
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

spotted 92-94 white SS
saw yesterday mourning in scappoose,OR about 645 and again today at about 12 on Yeon in portland.
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

SLODRIVE wrote:
Oooo, I like that idea!

i'd purchase a set for sure if this went through.
count me in! :D
the stickers @ cafepress are lame and old........ :/
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

What about a 'rally pig' style L/C sticker for the driver's mirror in dark grey (or is that too impreza)? That'd be subtle yet recognizable? I'm sure someone who's good with illustration could come up with something for SLODRIVE to put into vinyl for us.
Thoughts, comments?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I like the sticker idea. Althought it's got to be an appealing design. I don't want to stick a sitkcer that's just a URL on my car. Looks tacky. I don't like the pig idea because it's on so many imprezas. We need something unique to this forum. I'm not too worried about price, it's not like I own 10 legacy's that I need to buy stickers for. 1 or 2 would do fine.

I never see any SS legacy's. Just N/A wagons and a few sedans. But I see a ton of wagons. They're everywhere. I see them as much as I see hondas probably.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

It's got to be either a sticker with clear background or a vinyl type cut out sticker that has no background.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Saskatoon Subaru
Second Gear

Post by Saskatoon Subaru »

i agree with kimokalihi, its gotta be on a clear background, don't matter if its just a bbs.legacycentral.org, or anything else
2010 Impreza WRX - 265hp

1990 Legacy 267,000km(Rebuild complete 265,423km----March 9/2008)

1991 Legacy Turbo 180,000km
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

count me in too, Ive always wanted the site to have a member recognition stickers cause i thought it was an awesome idea.

but now that we have a member that can build sticker decals. lets all share our idea's if we have any. :-)

ill start today.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ya clear/vinyl setup for sure.

just a sticker won't look good unless the background color is the exact same as what you're putting the sticker on.. like black on black etc.
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

In keeping with the thread hijack - a clear background is a must. It should also be somewhat 'clean' meaning I don't want to completely kill the sleeper look with the sticker. I'm not generally a fan of putting stickers on my car that advertise I've been investing money on making it fast so I'd appreciate it if the sticker reflected this philosophy.

My .02 on the matter.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

*cough cough* - A clear background isn't necessary if the decals are die-cut- Just adding a couple more cents... :-)
-And more!
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

Was visiting a friends house in Shoreline area and noticed his neighbor is quite the Subaru fan...

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
klaxed
Second Gear

Re: Spotted Thread

Post by klaxed »

BSOD2600 wrote: Sounds like me :P. Typically on my way to work, passing through Kennmore, Bothell to I-405 around 1:30pm.

Look familiar?
-----------------

As for my spotted... Last Friday, saw a white SS going north on I-5 in the express lanes around 145th. Didn't catch much else since I was getting off...
Yeah that looks like the one, though i couldn't tell what wheels you had on because you were rolling of course.

See my sig for a description of what my car looks like so you can spot me if you ever see me rollin' around.
Brent

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

SLODRIVE wrote:*cough cough* - A clear background isn't necessary if the decals are die-cut- Just adding a couple more cents... :-)
That's what I was trying to say. I also agree it should be something that someone wouldn't associate with racing or anything really. Only people from this forum would recognize it and know what it's about. That would be cool. I don't put stickers on my cars so this would be a big step so it's got to be subtle.