to the innovative members of legacycentral. My exhaust

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

to the innovative members of legacycentral. My exhaust

Post by azn2nr »

some of you may know my new integra is boosted.  thanks to the legacycentral and the innovative ways i learned to do things here thanks to lack of industry support, i thought id share my new exhaust setup which is a bit unconventional and exactly what i want in my exhaust.

as of a few days ago it was just the kit 2.5 downpipe bolted to the stock exhaust with a qtp exhaust cutout.  the cutout was actually slightly smaller than 2.5 inches due to the flange seat.  it was stealth which i liked but it was not fast friendly at all.  the time it took to open the dam thing and close it combined with the smell made it the worst idea ever.

i finally got around to getting something done about it.  after months of research i finally found most of the parts needed to complete the job.  im still looking for a way to turn it off completely but i think i have a solution in sight. 

the new exhaust setup cut the downpipe short. i put a summit bullet muffler in front of where the stock cat was and bumped it up to 3 inches back to the gas tank where it meets back up with the stock exhaust.  i found a full 3 inch full billet valve that was set up for the buyer to bring their own actuator.  i used an actuator that was made for some part of a mustang and put an extra spring on it to pull it back.  its vacuum actuated so its open when the car is off and closes as soon as its turned on.  when the vacuum control is open as soon as it hits -2 in/hg thanks to the spring,allowing it to provide full power when i want it, as soon as i want it.  best of all, thanks to that little muffler its sounds low and smooth before boost comes on and it just gets pissed as fuck as the boost rolls in.

the best part is, when its in always closed the exhaust is no longer slowed by the cat and it actually builds a little bit of boost through the stock muffler

c/n all power, no crusing drone, no cops, no rice.

what it looks like on the car
smooth merge back into the stock axle back
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: to the innovative members of legacycentral. My exhaust

Post by kimokalihi »

Is that exhaust pipe pointing right at your gas tank or does it just look that way? Could be hazardous if it is.

Pretty cool setup though. I like it. Definately don't like the sound of most hondas so that's cool that it's stealthy. Plus I doubt that sounds like your typical ricer with that exhaust.

How much was the total on that?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I like the idea. Pretty clever, actually. Its quiet until you make boost, and then all hell breaks loose.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Cool idea! Seems like it would be pretty easy to completely close the cutout for emission tests too.
90 L+ wgn
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

the flow path does face the gas tank but its angled slightly so that it does not directly impact the tank. that and its only open for such brief amounts of time that the heat would have little if any impact.

and it actually opens just before even pressure to allow full boost to actually be made if it were pressure activated it would never be open because the lowest pressure actuator is 6 psi and it only makes 4 psi thorugh the stock muffler.

thankfully i dont have emmissions on this car ;)
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]