Tims 93 SS

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Re: Tims 93 SS

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I like it, lookin' good! Love to have those BBS's on my 92 somewhere in the future.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

Alright thanks Mike, I have also read some pretty good stuff about the Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch and the lightweight flywheel so I think thats what ill be doing! And thanks Caveman I hard time deciding on wheels and I think the STI wheels look great unfortunately they are not cheap or easy to find!
Just ordered a Group N Trans mount and STI Pitch stop mount to go in with the fresh motor!
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Engine out!
Some new stuff.

Night shot at the gas station from the night it broke down.

Im trying to decide on a Clutch for the car. Im thinking about getting one from South Bend Clutches. From what I've heard they are pretty good. Also trying to decide on a lightweight or OEM weight Flywheel. Some of you guys with more experience on good Clutch companies feel free to chime in.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

exedy oem replacements are good. I have an F1 racing flywheel on my engine. It's basically an OEM flywheel drilled out so it's still heavy but not stock weight. My clutch kit is 2002-04 oem wrx exedy replacement.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

For daily driving in traffic and a lot of stop and go, I don't care for the LW flywheels. If you can go a little lighter that might be alright though.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I would not recommend using that STi pitch stop mount. It really doesn't do much, if anything to stiffen the engine/trans mount points, however it adds a TON of noise and vibration in the cabin.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Haha, Josh is on an anti-hardened pitch mount campaign! Makes me wonder if I have the stock mount somewhere. I might have the forester mount still. I will try it out one of these days. It's hard to imagine with those subframe locking bolts and other race bushings in the drivetrain that removing the group N pitch mount with make a noticeable difference but we'll see.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

The bolt spacing is wider for the 1st gen pitch stopper vs everything else I've seen, so if you have group N tranny and engine mounts, do yourself a favor and get a 2nd gen legacy/1st gen impreza composite pitch stopper instead.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Thanks for all the info guys! The rebuild is coming along nicely. Just ordered a Grimmspeed Exhaust gasket se with the 2x thick pieces. Excited to get those on, Painted the valve covers with flat Black engine enamel. Im pretty happy with the results so ill probably paint the intake manifold to match. Did some work disassembling the old engine to see if the timing covers were in better shape gonna get them all cleaned off and see whats usable. New engine has been reassembled with the new head gaskets, water pump ect. trying to decide between the Exedy OEM organic and the Exedy Stage 1 organic. Im gonna use the Exedy LW flywheel cause This car wont be driven in traffic as much as it will be on twisty mountain roads :) Another problem I'm trying to address is my horrible power steering situation i had a pretty bad leak from the lines somewhere so I'm exploring the option of using an 04 STI rack and lines, anyone have any input on this? Ill prob just install the STI mount since I already have it Josh, If its too annoying for me ill switch back to a factory mount. Im super excited to get this dam thing put back together and see how the New trans mount feels. Again any suggestion or recommendations for this rebuild are being noted and appreciated!
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Hopefully you sanded and prepped those covers really well. Mine looked awesome like that when I painted them and now they're chipping off. I cleaned them with acetone but that wasn't enough.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Went with the KSB03 Exedy WRX OEM replacement clutch and the FF01T Lightweight Steel Chromoly Flywheel.

Trying to source out an 04 STI Steering rack as well as the hard lines because my whole power steering situation is pretty leaky. Also gonna get a new OEM radiator and WRX coolant tank. So excited to get this thing back on the road. I miss having a turbo car big time!
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

^^^ WANT! haha great lookin car brah :D
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Alright so a little update. I ended up having to replace the radiator as well so went with an OEM replacement. Also have replaced pretty much every hose and belt that I could. Still working on Re-assembly cleaning up the wiring harness under the intake manifold before i bury it when i re mount it to the engine. Got the exhaust re-built with the new gaskets I got from Grimmspeed and got it re-instaled on the engine. The new Timing belt and all associated idler wheels and what not have been replaced and reinstalled. Waiting to put the turbo back on cause I wanna replace a hose. Here is a pic of current progress... I am honestly just ready for this thing to run again so i am not being as OCD about cleaning stuff as I could be so don't judge :D

CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Looks Awesome Buddy, Get Those Ho's, even if they in Different Area Codes. Cause Luda Said So :!: :mrgreen:

It just hit me that I grabbed a used 4EAT Radiator, I wonder if it is bigger or has less cooling capacity ?

HHMMMM, I have a 5MT one outside, better check :!:

Can't wait to see it back up and running :!:
Build Thread : HERE
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
84 Jetta Coupe. Real Project
99 A4 Avant. Wife's Daily
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Thanks Reid and on a Happy note just bought a set of Black Manual seat belts from Ben!!! Way excited to finally get rid of these stupid automagic things!
CFK
Second Gear

Post by CFK »

Get this thing in yet or what :!: :?: :!:

I think I've spent more time on the Internet researching and ordering parts lol :mrgreen:

You know anyone in Cali running Delta 220 Cams ? Pass emissions ? how does yours do with the stock cams ?

I failed emissions for Carbon Monoxide with stock cams but really wanna install the 220's while the motors out !

Never realized how easy it was changing a Cam in my SOHC VW. Literally it was a SINGLE Overhead Cam :!:
Build Thread : HERE
92 SS 5MT. Project Daily
84 Jetta Coupe. Real Project
99 A4 Avant. Wife's Daily