'94 SS Daily Driver

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Alphius
Fourth Gear

Re: '94 SS Daily Driver

Post by Alphius »

I was amazed at how well the paint cleaned up. It looks showroom fresh except for a couple little dents and the front bumper/hood is pretty much chipped/sandblasted pretty well. It looks great from 5-10 feet away though! The buff/wax really brought the metallic out in the paint when it's in the sunlight. I guess they don't call it Crimson Pearl Metallic for nothing. :P

My dad just took a new job 100 miles away, and commutes there every day, so I don't think he will have much time to do any painting for a while. Just this spoiler job took two months, but that's not a big deal for me... :)
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Yeah, it looks fantastic.

Additionally I was mostly kidding about getting work done. People are too busy any more just trying to live. I don't really expect anyone to have additional time for favors. That's quite a commute, but I'm glad that he has a job currently.

Looking good, hopefully I spot you around sometime. I'm surprised that we never see each other based on our proximity to each other.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Maybe we can convoy to a meetup together sometime or something. :)

Our paths must just never cross. I live near Frontier Village and work in Everett on Grand Ave, but don't spend too much time driving around anywhere else in the area.

If my dad ever gets some free time and wants to do some work for people again, I will put something up in the parts shed and get some stuff done. :) Maybe after they move out to where his work is he'll have more time.
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Cool beans. I live near Silver Lake and work by the opera house in Marysville. We have some pretty cool members near us. I met Florin not too long ago, and wouldn't mind meeting everyone else.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

New wheel test, 06 WRX 17". It would look a lot better lowered (photoshop incoming), but I still don't know if I will like these better or if I want to stick to the '05 WRX bronzies it had before.

Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Only one real problem to report, my front left caliper froze up and cooked the brakes pretty bad a couple weeks ago, but I slapped two new calipers on the front and I'm back in business. It looks like the shop that installed the calipers two-and-change years ago screwed up one of the piston boots which allowed water and dirt to get in there and freeze it up. I replaced both just to be safe and because they're pretty cheap.

It has been snowing up here lately. The big storm is supposed to come tonight. We already have 8+ inches, I am excited to see what tomorrow brings.

Beginnings over the weekend:

Spent a lot of time driving around and goofing off, as well as pulling a couple people out of ditches.

Lunchtime today, the roads in town are slushy and wet.

Up at my house (on the hill) we have 8+ inches of snow, but it was dark by the time I got home and I wasn't able to get any good pictures. I was able to drive through my yard with no problems, which meant the snow was above my door level and I was pushing it with my bumper like a snow plow. The car still did great. :-)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice! I miss driving in the snow some times.

I may have asked you this, but what part of Lake Stevens do you live in? I lived there when I was going to high school. I liked the area, but it's grown quite a bit since then.

Enjoy the snow.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I live in West Lake Stevens, just across the trestle from Everett and up the hill a little ways. Not quite to Hwy 9.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Ok...yeah I know the area. We used to live on the east side of lake stevens, the first house was off of 131st just outside of "downtown" and then we moved kind of out near Rhodora Heights.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
92.Legacy.SS
First Gear

Post by 92.Legacy.SS »

just wondering how much does he charge to repaint a silver legacy lol
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

He's not doing any painting for at least a year or two now. They're in the middle of a big move.

So, I went up to the junkyard today in search of a roll connector from a newer Subaru so I could install my '02 WRX wheel I bought a few months back. I managed to snag an intermittent wiper switch from a '95 LSi and the roll connector I needed from a '98 Outback. Score! :-D Sorry for the slightly washed out iPhone pictures.

The wheel is a lot better than my old one, where the leather was very aged and slightly sticky in cooler weather. Yuck. It also complements my WRX leather shift knob quite well too. I forgot to get rid of the "Air Bag" light while I had the cluster out. :roll:

The intermittent wiper switch is badass, since it allows me to change the delay on the wipers. In Washington, that's nice since we have about 15 different kinds of rain that all require different wiper speeds. :lol:
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

So your switch worked right out of the box? I just installed one of those from an LS and it doesn't work. Plus the turn signal stock does not have a nice solid click, it feels muddy and it's driving me insane.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Yes, the switch worked right out of the box. I swapped the whole cancel switch/turn signal stalk/wiper stalk assembly. It's a plus for me because my letters were all worn off my turn signal stalk so the new one on there is awesome. Both sides even click better than before.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Lucky! My experience was the exact opposite. My stalk was in prestine condish and felt solid on each click and this one feels like garbage and the lettering is worn off in many places and to top it all off, the intermittent dial does nothing. Hopefully I can find another one. Wonder if any other newer cars work.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Well, mine is from a '95. I haven't checked anything newer.

So far my list of fairly rare Legacy items seen at the junkyard:
1. Int. wiper switch (mine!)
2. Digital Climate Control
3. Non-A/C HVAC system
4. 1.5DIN pockets (sold two)

Still haven't seen any manual crank windows...
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I've never seen manual crank windows except canadian legacys. I have seen all the above though except the digital climate control. I saw the non-AC HVAC system while I was trying to find a replacement for mine and the ironic thing was I was deleting my AC at the same time but unfortunately someone had already stripped the car of the whole HVAC system. I did manage to snag the rubber plug to plug the hole in the wall though so that was cool beans. Then I removed the condensor thing from inside the plastic box and I glued the hole up and I am AC free!
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I saw a Legacy in craigslist once with manual crank windows. It was a USDM car.

The digital climate control is awesome. It would be sweet to undertake the massive effort to swap it into an SS.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

All I want is a switch to go from outside air to recirc.
Danny-G
Fourth Gear

Post by Danny-G »

A local yard here has a red wagon with manual windows, its an '89. I haven't seen the digital climate control yet. or the non-ac one, or the adjustable intermittent wiper stalk. I have a 1.5 din box that I got today, planning on selling it. I'm on the hunt for the adjustable wipers and non-ac HVAC. I did away with my ac and just need the HVAC that matches.
Danny
biggreen96 wrote:well get out there and smash that geo around and get comfy.
1993 Legacy LS Awd: lifted, 4eat, higher mileage, and dirty.
1994 Legacy Turbo wagon: rwd, 4eat, and a faint knock..
1992 Legacy postal: bone stock, 4eat, blown reverse.
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

kimokalihi wrote:I've never seen manual crank windows except canadian legacys. I have seen all the above though except the digital climate control. I saw the non-AC HVAC system while I was trying to find a replacement for mine and the ironic thing was I was deleting my AC at the same time but unfortunately someone had already stripped the car of the whole HVAC system. I did manage to snag the rubber plug to plug the hole in the wall though so that was cool beans. Then I removed the condensor thing from inside the plastic box and I glued the hole up and I am AC free!
probly certain years and models i know 92-94 ss and na models have electric window i cant say for sure on 90-91 models have not seen them years in person but i think they probly are electric i think its just the years
like 89 are most likely manual crank windows
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

also i wish they were manual crank windows
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Didn't quite catch it at 250,000, but this works too. :-)
tdaz250
In Neutral

Post by tdaz250 »

Does the wrx wheel bolt right on? Got any more pics of it?
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I replied in your other thread the other day, I don't have any more pictures. It does bolt right on, as does any Subaru wheel with a 5x100 bolt pattern.
tdaz250
In Neutral

Post by tdaz250 »

I was talking about the steering wheel