Our Three Subarus in Photos (Legacy BC6 Impreza 22B 05 STI)

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Our Three Subarus in Photos (Legacy BC6 Impreza 22B 05 STI)

Post by BC622B05STI »

Although all my attention this year has been completely centered around our Subaru Legacy I have to be honest with you guys, I can't be on here without showing you my Two Subaru Imprezas one is the extremely rare Subaru 22B, which was a dream come true when I bought it a couple of years ago which is where my user name comes from, our Legacy ( 1991 BC6) our Subaru 22B and our USDM Impreza STI I am extremely excited about our newest addition (the Legacy) and the current project
Heres pictures of all of them

For anyone that is interested I have a build thread for my 05 STI it was a popular build thread on NASIC
I have more of the 22B if there is anyone interested and plenty of Legacy also but I will do a build thread soon.
Please take a look

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=2096963
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Our Three Subarus in Photos (Legacy BC6 Impreza 22B 05 S

Post by SILINC3R »

EPIC, i want all your cars. one day, one day
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

The Legacy is going to be the one with the most effort going into it and I am very excited about the project, but the 22b is an amazing car to look at and to drive.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

nice work with the STi also, just looked on NASIOC and saw what you did. cant wait to do the same. so when will you get the 22B here in the states? also did you say it uses the 2.2 or the 2.0 and is bored out to 2.2L? what is your take on taking a RS and switching the engine and such? you think and can handle like the 22B or is the 22B that much different?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

The block used in my 22B is an EJ 22 GDW not a bored EJ20 which is a popular misconception, keep in mind the 22B cost $115,000 new in NZ however with that being said if you fitted the Legacy 2.2 Block with later twin cam heads and fitted close ratio Box and upgraded brakes it is easily possible with parts available today to turn your car into something like it, question is how much do you want to spend. all of the parts from my legacy that I don't use will be available and my 2.2 will be included. I can fit twincam heads to that enjine if I had someone interested.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

is that the equivalent in US dollars? i had no idea it was that expensive and that extensive of work turning them into what they are. i wish Subaru could make something that awesome again.

also what kind of paint have you been using for the restoration on the struts and such? primer and clear?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nice cars!

I just noticed your 91 Legacy does not have a rear spoiler on it. Did it come that way when you bought it? I don't think I've seen any of the first gen Legacy sedan turbos without the spoiler from the factory. Someone may have done a trunk swap on it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

Legacy777 wrote:Nice cars!

I just noticed your 91 Legacy does not have a rear spoiler on it. Did it come that way when you bought it? I don't think I've seen any of the first gen Legacy sedan turbos without the spoiler from the factory. Someone may have done a trunk swap on it.
It was needing to be stripped and painted so I removed it. I still have it but I won't be puutting it back on, I think I might even sell the trunk and spoiler but not sure yet.
luksicman1
In Neutral

Post by luksicman1 »

nah I love the 1st gen leggys without the spoiler... so much cleaner when it's tastefully lowered on some nice rims... I want one similar to yours to fix up to be a rally car or drift... maybe both in it's lifetime who knows.. either way very nice cant wait to see the build thread.. check out my new ej20g sti swapped 1990 legacy ls on the pictures thread.. Im planning on something big with mine.. mainly suspension to get it stiff with the big ole' rear end of the wagons pulling it around, too much body lean, but I need to know what's the real best ways to limit that body lean without reducing the ride comfortability too much.. I know sway bars/end links, possibly rear strut bar soon are in order, I heard a 95-98 obs rear strut bar will fit, and wrx wagon sway bars from 02-03 will fit, but I don't really know anything about the control arms, subframe braces and all that... would you happen to? hit me back with some knowledge of what these parts are really doing, who makes the best and well priced ones and if so, how to install them on the car.. any help is greatly appreciated, I'm just starting in the suby world, came from an e36 m3 and an s2000 but I love the outdoors and go in the cuts so subaru is where it's at for a long time now haha, I fell instantly in love, as did you I see, the 22b is amazing that you have, are those rims stock on it? they are stunning....and the 05 sti is dope as well, I more love the old school one's, more character to me, especially the more they are custom done ha, but that is still a sexy suby haha no doubt..
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

All of your cars have gold wheels...

And all of them rock! Nice collection. :)
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Seems you have a collection pretty much like mine.
Except for a turbo GC impreza, I had to do quite a bit more work then search for it.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Post by BC622B05STI »

SILINC3R wrote:is that the equivalent in US dollars? i had no idea it was that expensive and that extensive of work turning them into what they are. i wish Subaru could make something that awesome again.

also what kind of paint have you been using for the restoration on the struts and such? primer and clear?
The struts were just cleaned and left with factory finish, the wheel arches were painted wiith factory paint but not clear coated. US equivalent would have been over $100,000 for 22B
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Re: Our Three Subarus in Photos (Legacy BC6 Impreza 22B 05 STI)

Post by BC622B05STI »

Our Subaru Forester is almost finished and hopefully next Monday I’ll be able to get it back and start fitting the interior panels back in
BC622B05STI
Second Gear

Re: Our Three Subarus in Photos (Legacy BC6 Impreza 22B 05 STI)

Post by BC622B05STI »