Legacy777's Image Directory Listing

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Legacy777's Image Directory Listing

Post by Legacy777 »

UPDATE: 1/2/2020

I am in the process of upgrading my server and in doing so have discovered some issues with filenames that contain symbol ampersand "&". So I have had to rename anything with an ampersand in it to and. So if you happen to get a server error while trying to access anything, please replace the '&' with the word 'and' (remove quote marks). I will try and review the server logs and update links that refer to the old files. I tried to setup an automatic redirection, but wasn't able to do that.

Thanks for everyone's understanding

Thought I'd update everyone since I've made some changes to my image directory listing. I finally figured out what image gallery program I wanted to go with a little while back. The big hold up to updating everything on my server has been due to how the image directory listing page is automatically created. I wanted to make sure it was a live document that was created every time someone accessed it, but provided a little more asthetically pleasing listing, and more information about the pictures.

Since the technical details are worked out, now I just need to go back and update all my old galleries, which will take some time since there's over 500 separate galleries. As I update the galleries the folder text will be replaced by a more descriptive label of the pictures. Linking to existing galleries or pictures should be unaffected.

I'll keep everyone posted as I update things and if you see any issues or problems, please let me know. I haven't decided whether I will change the background & text colors for the main page or not. I may wait and change it when I get all the galleries converted.

A BIG thanks to BSOD2600 for helping me modify the code to get everything to work the way I wanted it to.

And finally, here's the link. If you have any feedback, please let me know.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/subaru/images

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Legacy777's Image Directory Listing

Post by SILINC3R »

The main page is a little boring right now but I like the gallery that loads up and you can scrool through the pictures and dont have to back out. I see that your not done yet so cant wait. Looked at the one where you were cleaning your GT wagon, very clean afterwards.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

This is such a great resource for the community. Thank you.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I need to just take some time and work on converting everything, but I too will be looking forward when it's done.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Just a quick update, I still need to revise the gallery setup, but have implemented SSL on all my sites. If you have any issues with pictures or files not showing up please let me know. The change should be a seamless change, but in the event you have any issues please let me know.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Looks like I'm still working out some redirection bugs so it may not currently redirect you to the secure site, but you can always type in the https and it'll work.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I provided an update in the first post for anyone having issues accessing images with the ampersand symbol in it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I've got secure https connection figured out so everything should automatically be served over a secure connection.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT