92ColoradoTurbo's build/help

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: 92ColoradoTurbo's build/help

Post by cj91legss »

Between the fuel rails and intake manifold. They space the rails off that quarter inch so the injecyors are seated properly.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

What CJ said.

Those spacers were only on certain years. Others didn't have the spacers and the rails bolted directly to the manifold.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Oh I see. Alright, cool Thanks!
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

No problem.

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Some update pics. All I have left is get the intake mani in, tmic, intake stuff, power steering, alternator, battery, have the rest of the exhaust put on at an exhaust shop, and all the hoses and wires! i got dis 8)

Ignore the overspray :lol:

Shiney heads :P
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Lookin good!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Another question... Where does this go? It's a coolant line, has the yellow/greenish residue on the left end of the pipe.

I was thinking it might go here? thats injectors 2--4

But the hose kinda goes up this way and goes to nothing. I got confused here. (those three metal lines are 2 gas and 1 vaccumm I believe)

And then I thought if I flipped it, it would connect to the big coolant line running across the top of the block but it didn't look like it would.

And it won't attach to the other side/fuelrail cause the fuel pressure sensor or whatever is in the way.

Other than that, I've just got:

Install intake manifold to engine
Headlights
Grille
Horns (woo '62 Buicks!)
Battery
Alternator
Power Steering
Coolant tank
Get brass crush washers for turbo oil line
TMIC
Install MBC
Intake box through to turbo
Extend Exhaust and relocate brackets
Plug in misc hoses and wires
Fill with oil and coolant
Turn key! :-D
Chris
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

That goes to your black coolant tank where it comes up by the fuel lines. The other side has a rubber hose that goes to your radiators over flow tank.

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

ooohh yea. Ok so i gotta replace that one to compensate for my wrx coolant tank/relocation
Cool thanks dude. Only gunna make slow progress this weekend, its gunna snow and my project is outside!... -.-
Chris
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Man, thats the worst.. I've been there... You just gotta remember which nipple goes to the over flow and which actually goes to the radiator.

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Yea there are plenty of pics on this epic forum to find out which lines go where lol. I have this site open on my laptop all the time whenever i work on my car so I can check it when I get stuck
Chris
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Ok, i need some help!

I have put everything back on and now it cranks but doesnt turn over.

-Ive got fuel cause its dripping out of the fuel lines (i asked for fuel grade lines from the auto store and believed them, turns out its not rated for fuel injection systems)
-Ive got spark cause my plug wires are zapping
-Im assuming I have air..

I thought about clearing the codes but to get them back, Ive got to drive at 40mph in 4th to obtain them (or at least thats what i understand i have to do)

Any ideas on what's happening or what I should troubleshoot?? Please help! :(
Chris
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Just FYI, driving in dcheck clears codes/reveals the active codes.. you can still read the stored codes from before using the connectors and not having to drive :)
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

I think id read a lot of codes that are just from unplugging them though. Ill upload some pics here shortly
Chris
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

I dont know why it jerked foward the first time i tried starting it. The only thing i can think of is the cams and everything were adjusting. (yes i had the clutch all the way in).

There are 4 videos.

I know the coolant hose is rubbing on the accessory belt, i havnt put the belt shroud on yet.

And the big long blue tube is to the bpv that is just hooked up so i can have vaccumm, im running bov right now cause i dont have an adaptor plate(s) for the bpv.

are my fuel lines hooked up in the right spots?

Rockin 62 buick horns!

Coffee cup mod. Threaded with teflon tape + layer of jb weld + another layer of jb weld. (some hoses dont have clamps cause i was running out of small ones)

Thought this was a nifty place for my mbc (its turned ALL the way down)
Chris
randomiam
Second Gear

Post by randomiam »

Do you have the vacuum line running to your BOV?
Subaru-less
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

so after a lot of frustration, cut hands, swearing, and false hope, a master mechanic showed up and told us our timing was off. Even though we followed the book and tripled checked everything, turns out we were lining up the wrong notches on the crank pulley...

So after taking all the timing things off and setting the pulleys to the right angle, we then had to compress the hydrolic tensioner so we could but it in before the belt. we tried compressing it a few times and then it broke...

The master mechanic then realized i was using all stock pulleys, which i thought was normal, but he said i had to get a timing kit and replace it all.

So instead of paying $90 for a hydrolic tensioner and $170 for the timing kit and waiting a week to get it shipped, I went on ebay and got all of it for $150, free shipping, brand new, ships in 2 days (so probly out monday, in wednesday). Then ill try and return my $50 timing belt. Then cross fingers and turn key!

In the mean time, take a look at these!! 04 STI struts/springs with ~50k that I got for cheeapp, thanks Alex! lol slap these on and ride like a baus 8) they need a little cleaning

rears

fronts

Then i got this badge from an old subaru from the junkyard, thought it looked good with the navy flecks in the black paint on the rims :) needs a little polishing too

Wait for my before and after video of the exhausts! Hoping to spit some fire :twisted:
Chris
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

and those arnt scratches in the paint, those are (factory?) chrome sparkles/flecks in the blue subie badge :D
Chris
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Just for good measure and peace of mind. You should search nasioc for the regreasing the sti struts threads. You may have some clunking. Or they may be perfectly fine. Either way its really easy.

Those struts are awesome tho. I have them on my 92

93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The master mechanic then realized i was using all stock pulleys, which i thought was normal, but he said i had to get a timing kit and replace it all.
What do you mean by this?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

like this... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Timing-K ... 5c&vxp=mtr
but without the water pump.
My hydrolic tensioner is busted, the hydrolic fluid leaked out and it doesnt un-compress (lol it doesnt work).

And the repacking the struts seems like it could go really good, or really bad and with my luck, I'm not sure if i want to attempt that job...
Chris
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

It's a really easy task. I cant remember which user bought some, but he/she bought a set and then installed them and had the clunk. ended up buying some tein coil overs to fix the problem instead of taking the couple hours to fix the sti struts like i gave advice to. Honestly it's worth the couple hours of work to re-grease them to make sure they are good pre-install.

Said user went against my advice and just installed his/her sti struts and experienced the "clunk" and was un-happy they did not do the procedure.

So just a heads up, or word of advice, you should re-grease the sti struts.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

I have a spare hydraulic tensioner lying around that is already compressed. The wire needs to be taken out when it is put in so it can "tension" lol. If you want it I'll gladly give it to you
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

cj91legss wrote:So just a heads up, or word of advice, you should re-grease the sti struts.
Advice taken! My rear struts are going I think cause its squeaks/clunk reeaally loud in the back whenever i hit a bumb, its super annoying.. It's just that Nasioc isn't very good with How-To threads WITH pictures lol
DD50 wrote:I have a spare hydraulic tensioner lying around that is already compressed. The wire needs to be taken out when it is put in so it can "tension" lol. If you want it I'll gladly give it to you
I wish I woulda mentioned all this earlier haha :roll:
Ahh well, new pulleys are always good anyways. Thanks though! You still down for the Colorado meet at the end of this month? Handful of us rockin 1st gens I believe 8)
Chris
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

92ColoradoTurbo wrote:
cj91legss wrote:So just a heads up, or word of advice, you should re-grease the sti struts.
Advice taken! My rear struts are going I think cause its squeaks/clunk reeaally loud in the back whenever i hit a bumb, its super annoying.. It's just that Nasioc isn't very good with How-To threads WITH pictures lol
DD50 wrote:I have a spare hydraulic tensioner lying around that is already compressed. The wire needs to be taken out when it is put in so it can "tension" lol. If you want it I'll gladly give it to you
I wish I woulda mentioned all this earlier haha :roll:
Ahh well, new pulleys are always good anyways. Thanks though! You still down for the Colorado meet at the end of this month? Handful of us rockin 1st gens I believe 8)
Hell yeah! I missed last year. :( Not this time. I will take a day off work or something. lol :-D
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed