My first SS!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

1982gl4
First Gear

My first SS!

Post by 1982gl4 »

The story goes:

Last week I found some five spoke RS wheels on craigslist for a decent deal. So I hopped on that. After driving my legacy over the owner of the wheels asked if I was interested in any other Subaru parts. Being who I am, I of corse asked what he had. Well it happened to be something I have been wanting for a really long time. Turns out he had a 93 legacy SS in storage for the last 4-5 years and wanted someone to do something with it. That brings us to today after some emails back and forth and $600 I'm now the proud owner of a 1993 legacy SS five speed with a lot of rust, and 268,000 miles on it, that doesn't run... I'm bringing it to work tomorrow so I can replace the fuel line that is no longer connected to anything and look over the body. Chances are I'll be looking for a new shell as I'm done with rust. At the age of 21 I have already decided rust is not worth my time after fixing several other rusty cars.

Anyway here are some pics of the newest member of my subaru farm. It was originally white, too bad about the flat black. I do however dig the RS wheels on it. I'll keep this updated as I work on it more!

1991 SS
1993 SS part's car, dead due to rust
1992 Legacy L wagon
1984 subaru GL wagon
1986 Brat (work in progress)
Several Air cooled VW's
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My first SS!

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah I like those white RS wheels.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

$600 for a nice set of RS rims, plus a 5spd EJ22T drivetrain in working order? Sounds like a deal to me!
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
1982gl4
First Gear

Post by 1982gl4 »

It was actually 300 for the wheels which I bought the first time I met up with the guy, and the legacy was another 600, but I still feel like I got a decent deal. Anyway the car is running as of last night. Took a long time, as I had to run new fuel lines, and mess around with the pump that was half out of the tank... I also had to drain all of the crappy fuel, change all the fluids, and such. I also cut them muffler off for fun and welded a piece of pipe on the back for fun while I have this shell in once piece. Anyway I now have it home, and drove it around the back roads. For an old 2.2 this thing goes pretty well. I'm very happy with it. Now I just have to address the check engine light (cts, and knock sensor)
1991 SS
1993 SS part's car, dead due to rust
1992 Legacy L wagon
1984 subaru GL wagon
1986 Brat (work in progress)
Several Air cooled VW's