Upgraded from a 2010 Charger today

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

James614
Fourth Gear

Upgraded from a 2010 Charger today

Post by James614 »

Back in 2011 my wife convinced me to let her buy a year-old Charger SXT. Okay enough car, until the rock arms needed replacing at 40k (!). Fast forward two years, 30,000 miles, and over $3000 in service, and the only vehicle my family ever had that was worse was my '83 Chrysler New Yorker. Guess I should have learned back then, but silly me thought they may have got their shit together in 27 years.

But its all good, this weekend it went up for sale and today I picked up this beauty to replace it. Its FAR more responsive, better on gas, doesn't draw attention to my small penis, and I'm sure will be MUCH MUCH MUCH more reliable. I'm talking of course about a 95 Legacy L with 230,000 miles that we got for $700 :-D

Its got a very slow water leak that's probably the water pump, but otherwise it runs and drives great. Its no $300 steal but I could drive it until I move to Japan next year as-is too (I'm def gonna fix that leak though).

Sadly, the whole reason I got this is because I don't have the time to finish fixing the EJ20G in my TW in a timely fashion. But with the headaches the Charger has been giving us out of the way I'll have a tad more time (and money once it sells) for that.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgraded from a 2010 Charger today

Post by Legacy777 »

I like the fact you said that going from a 2010 Charger to a 1995 Legacy L was an upgrade :)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Upgraded from a 2010 Charger today

Post by James614 »

After a week with it I'm impressed. Needs some love in the bushings and gaskets department, but its a noticeably improved chassis over the BC L sedans I used to have. Makes me want to throw my EJ22T and spare set of turbo rims in there :-D
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.