Reubens 1998 GT-B Limited

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Reuben
First Gear

Re: Reubens 1998 GT-B Limited

Post by Reuben »

So I've been lazy, beast is still on stands downstairs, with no drivers hub attached, still no radiator replaced, but at least I've got the wheel sorted, got yet another spare, this one's in a terrible state, so sad panda...

Radiator I've got coming in is an OEX, should be alright, I'm not terribly impressed with their quality, but it's brand new so happy days. And replacement steering knuckle and hub I got has been sitting in a paddock for a while and is coated in rust, so I'm still keen on doing it's wheel bearing since I have one ready to go (I should point out I have already tried to replace the bearing in the old hub, but the hub was ROOTED). I just have to swap wheel studs over, cause the studs on the new hub are COATED in rust... That said, the hub face looks fine, just a bit of surface rust on top, so I'll see about trying to get the rust off and inspecting the threads on the new hubs to see if they'll be fine. If not, I've been given a neat trick to get the old studs out of beasts fucked hub without hurting the threads.

SO yeah, slowly progressing, should be back on the road soon, next pay probably.

Beast in his natural state:

IMG_9903 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr