What 25 years looks like

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

allnines'
Second Gear

What 25 years looks like

Post by allnines' »

Image Sorryfor the low light/grainy pic- It's at dusk- My '91 (at 21 in.) and my '16 loaner (at 26 in.) you could almost drive right under the rear!
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What 25 years looks like

Post by Legacy777 »

That's an Outback though right?

The Outback is a bit more jacked up than the standard Legacy is now.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

Yep-she's an outback-I don't think the dealer I go to has any sedans for service loners-we are wagon people!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I wish they still made a Legacy wagon.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

The B.S. about them not selling well never held water!
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Compared to my 98 Outback with new suspension, the new ones look way jacked up. And enormous lol! Happily I don't have any complaints about legroom in mine. The raised roof really helps.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

mike-tracy wrote:Compared to my 98 Outback with new suspension, the new ones look way jacked up. And enormous lol! Happily I don't have any complaints about legroom in mine. The raised roof really helps.
Another reason they are classified as an SUV-it will always be a wagon to me.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

I actually think the current OUTBACK is the best outback ever.

I think the current LEGACY is the worst Legacy ever.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Current OB is better than the 4th gen Legacy OBXT with an manual trans? Cant say i agree with you there. ;) My only complaint with the 4th gens is they went backwards with rear seat width. There's less space and legroom compared to the 2nd gens I've owned.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Dangit Mike, now I have to go sit in the back of my second gen and fourth gen to compare the two.
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

PhyrraM wrote:I actually think the current OUTBACK is the best outback ever.

I thought the second gen leggy was the worst!
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

allnines' wrote:
PhyrraM wrote:I actually think the current OUTBACK is the best outback ever.

I thought the second gen leggy was the worst!

In what way?
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

mike-tracy wrote:Current OB is better than the 4th gen Legacy OBXT with an manual trans? Cant say i agree with you there. ;) .....
As a complete model lineup? Yes, as a "SUV/Crossover" it needed the size of the current car...which is still smaller than most other Crossovers. By the way, I hate the term crossover.

As a specific trim withing the group? Sure, I can see the OBXT w/manual as a top contender..but .... rare as hen's teeth. I might put up a 3.6R Outback (even with an auto) as a better overall CROSSOVER. Of course we are talking about personal preferences....actual sales say the current car is the best..by far. Of course, actual sales say a Civic and a Corolla are better than an Impreza....
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

allnines' wrote:I thought the second gen leggy was the worst!
I have mixed feelings about the 2nd gen.

I love them in GT form (especially a GT wagon), but prefer the first gen overall when not a GT. Also, I love the Outback in those years, but would prefer a (working) air suspension first gen if I had the choice.

I by far prefer the first gen interior/dashboard to the second gen. But the second gen can be found w/black leather and black dash while most first gen had blue/tan/grey dashboards and no leather. The coveted Black leather/black dash was never an option on the first gen...only tan or grey leather.

I never really cared for the 3rd gen Legacy as (to me) the headlights looked weird and the ass was fat. They are growing on me though and if i was to look for an Outback to simply drive and keep 100% stock it would most likely be a '00-'04 H6 L.L.Bean over a '95-'99.

The '05+ cars are still too new for an old timer like me to know much about. I almost bought a spec.B new, but chose not to.
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

PhyrraM wrote:
mike-tracy wrote:Current OB is better than the 4th gen Legacy OBXT with an manual trans? Cant say i agree with you there. ;) .....
As a complete model lineup? Yes, as a "SUV/Crossover" it needed the size of the current car...which is still smaller than most other Crossovers. By the way, I hate the term crossover.

As a specific trim withing the group? Sure, I can see the OBXT w/manual as a top contender..but .... rare as hen's teeth. I might put up a 3.6R Outback (even with an auto) as a better overall CROSSOVER. Of course we are talking about personal preferences....actual sales say the current car is the best..by far. Of course, actual sales say a Civic and a Corolla are better than an Impreza....
I'd rather drive a rotted 1st gen. impreza then a new corolla-and I'm in and out of those all day long at work!
allnines'
Second Gear

Post by allnines' »

PhyrraM wrote:

I love them in GT form (especially a GT wagon), but prefer the first gen overall when not a GT. Also, I love the Outback in those years, but would prefer a (working) air suspension first gen if I had the choice.

I by far prefer the first gen interior/dashboard to the second gen. But the second gen can be found w/black leather and black dash while most first gen had blue/tan/grey dashboards and no leather. The coveted Black leather/black dash was never an option on the first gen...only tan or grey leather.

I never really cared for the 3rd gen Legacy as (to me) the headlights looked weird and the ass was fat. They are growing on me though and if i was to look for an Outback to simply drive and keep 100% stock it would most likely be a '00-'04 H6 L.L.Bean over a '95-'99.

The '05+ cars are still too new for an old timer like me to know much about. I almost bought a spec.B new, but chose not to.
Lease I forget the extremely poor quality seats!-even with new suspension, my seats will "bottom out" on a certain point on one road-it's not even a pot hole!
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

PhyrraM wrote:

It's interesting the differences in personal preference. For instance, I think the interior of the second gen is much better than the first gen, to the point where I have zero desire to own a first gen again.

Subaru only seems to get the looks right every other generation in my opinion. 1-3-5 all look awkward and ugly, while 2-4-6 are all pretty good. The clear divide to me in "modern feeling" is between 2-3. 5+6 are a little large for me, but great cars in their class.

Current owner of a turbo 99 GT sedan, 05 GT 5mt wagon, 02 Outback Limited with DR 5mt.