Igg's Legacy

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Igg's Legacy

Post by IggDawg »

Notice the proper "bade of courage" bent front plate? Every Subaru needs one. you can usually tell who has fun in their subies and who doesn't by the front plate :D. I got that when I nose-planted her in a snowbank at the Tim O'Neil winter driving school. a little much oversteer.

The bottom 2 gauges are A/F and tranny temp. I'm thinking of putting the A/F gauge into an a-pillar pod, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to that :p . the tranny temp is fine there since I don't need to stare at it all the time. the column mount is, of course, boost.

The IggXhaust is lovingly held in place by 3 strategic coat hangers. The hangars wind around it to keep it from bouncing up. the way I have it set up, the exhaust is no longer the low point of the under-body. now the rear diff box can take the hits instead of the exhaust. I also have all the clamps rotated upwards so the bolts don't hang down. if one of those hit the ground, it'd tear the exhaust apart. It's much better put together than it looks initially. when I was under there I really tried to make sure it would hold together alright under abuse.

the bottom pic is, of course, the "money shot." can't show off teh car without showing off her private places. it's stock under there except for the chimney removal and the IggBleed boost controller. oh, and I wrote "boost fluid" on the washer fluid tank. just for kicks.

There she is. what do y'all think?
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU POSTED PICS OF YOUR LEGACY!! :roll:

Nice ride!! Too bad I still couldn't see the pictures of the Impreza a few days ago. BTW, what IS in your windshield washer tank?
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

boostjunkie wrote:IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU POSTED PICS OF YOUR LEGACY!! :roll:
Hear, hear! Nice, Igg. The boost gauge isn't from a WRX is it :wink: ?

The exhaust looks funny :lol: . But hey whatever works...Yours probably isn't that loud, someone at work has a `87 Integra with a very similar setup and his isn't ear-piercing, and with your turbo it should sound very nice but not too loud...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

boostjunkie - It's boost fluid ;) . Actually, it's the rain-x de-icer stuff. around here we call it "tang" cause that's what it looks like :lol: .

subyluvr - Yeah. the gauge is from a WRX. got it off a guy on NASIOC for 100 even. not bad at all.

and the exhaust is really nice. not that loud at all. sounds a lot like a nice system on a WRX. the ribs in the flexi-pipe do a nice job of helping to muffle by reflecting sound. the angle makes it look a little funny. it looks "more normal" from a regular vantage point. I'm prolly gonna end up putting on some big tip to block the view of the absent muffler, thus lessening the chances of getting pulled over.

Thanks for the complements everyone!!!
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)

JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

AHHH!!!! CLEAN THAT ENGINE BAY!!

Car looks good. Make it Dark Blue on the outside and you know what mine looks like... Well aside from a big dent in the rear passenger door.
-Jason Grahn
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Looks good with the WRX rims. A friend of mine has the same muffler-less type exhaust on his SS Camaro. Its pretty sweet yet not TOO loud. I cringed when I read about the nose dive... ouch. I try to baby my ... uh ... baby as much as possible but I would have probably done the same a year ago. Great Car.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
Mudpup
In Neutral

Post by Mudpup »

I think I wet my self when I scrolled back up and got your "badge of courage" comment!! :D
It's a strange attraction: The front of a Subie and a fluffy snow bank.
Here's to the aerodynamically optimized license plate!!

Ah, the great white north!

Jason
'01 Impreza STi IV type R swapper
'99 Impreza EJ20G swapper DD
'87 RX II under the knife
'76 DL Lady in waiting
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

Hey IggDawg,

What's the blue cable-like thing visible in the interior shot? That's not a Cat-5 network cable, is it?

(Wondering because I want to play MP3's :D )
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

the blue thingy is actually a lanyard I got for my keys. I worked a stage at the Great North Woods Pro Rally last year. they gave out whistles on these things. they were left over from teh Maine Forest Rally. I thought it was cool, so I kept it.

If I had any spare CAT5, I'd be using it :D . It seems I'm running out to get new patch cables every damn day :lol: .
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)

mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

New patch cables every day?! What are you doing with them? :D
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

You should just make your own cat5 cable :lol:. I do. My excursion into the white stuff removed my front plate completely. It took the whole thing, brackets, frame and all. I like it much better and I've never been hassled for it...you gots to love the sleeper wagon. :D

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

i bought a 500 ft box of cat5 several years ago, crimper tool and some ends......still haven't used all the cable up.

It's ridiculous what they charge for pre-made cables.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

No crap! And with your own box of cable, you can make your own size cables. Much better than having an extra foot or two of cable that you don't know what to do with.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

exactly.......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

EastBay: I've never run a plate on my last three cars: 93 Turbo, 90 Sedan and 91 Storm (blue).

You usually don't get hassled if you're not worth noticing.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I know. California tends to be sticklers about everything. I roll around with illegal tint and no front plate and no cop's ever said a word about either. Even when pulled over. It's a wagon for goodness sake, nobody gives two shits. :D

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

DLC wrote:EastBay: I've never run a plate on my last three cars: 93 Turbo, 90 Sedan and 91 Storm (blue).

Dave
I hate front plates. Two of the last four states I've lived in require front font liscence plates......yet I don't have one.......however I guess I'm in even more violation since I've never changed my registration over to the new states.......first four years I'd had an excuse i was a student......next two.....I just don't feel like it...hahaha.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

Do you guys think P7s would be too pretentious on her? I have a chance to pick up a set of gold P7s in perfect conditions for $500. How do you all think those would look?

BTW - I drove alongside a cop for a ways on my commute. stop and go driving, so she was at her burbly'est. the cop gave me a confused look every now and then like "how'd he showhorn a 350 in there :confused: . but he didn't once seem like he was peturbed enough to pull me over.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

P7's would look hot! Go for it if you've got the funds. Perhaps one of the resident photoshoppers could mock something up for you.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

BUY THEM!!!
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Mudpup
In Neutral

Post by Mudpup »

Buy em!! Buy em!! Buy em!!!
And if you don't..... Share the lead!! I'll buy em. That's a great price!!

Jason
'01 Impreza STi IV type R swapper
'99 Impreza EJ20G swapper DD
'87 RX II under the knife
'76 DL Lady in waiting
Aaron's ej22t
Second Gear

Post by Aaron's ej22t »

P7 is :)
what color? gold?
92 Legacy Turbo \ 5MT \ Silver
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

stupid queastion I know, but what is a P7?

I'm fairly knew to all this terminology

Thanks
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
zak
First Gear

Post by zak »

they are prodrive wheels.....very nice looking ones at that...similar kinda to the newer stock VW Golf GTI rims

Buy 'em Igg!!! They would look super sweet!
Zak Malbin
1993 Legacy Turbo
Boost +, AWIC, 3" turbo back, intake, trailer hitch, etc.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

They look like this:

only gold. I tried to find some decent pics, but to no avail. I love gold on black. the gold rims are subaru history, as is the legacy turbo. I think it'll look funny to anyone who "doesn't know," but then I'm not interested in pleasing them :D . thanks for the support, guys! dressing a car in gold rims is a more forboding decision than you may think :lol: . but for 500 with some nominal tire left, I can't refuse it!
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)