wanna be turbo

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TurboLegacy
First Gear

wanna be turbo

Post by TurboLegacy »

a while back when i was going to a community college, i saw a beige 1990 legacy turbo auto. i put a note on it with this web address. i was at one of the local junkyards and i saw it there, i was so happy cuz i could hopefully get a lot of parts from it. i pop the hood........where's the f-ing turbo?!?! the car has a factory turbo hood put on at the factory but the n/a engine. what kind of bull shit is that? i know the hood was put on at the factory cuz one of the original hood tags said ej22v. this was a week ago and im still pissed.
92 legacy turbo 5spd fwd-12 psi, tm intercooler bov, walbro 255.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

doesnt mean that the hood was put on at the factory. when a car is in a collision, and taken to a body shop, and a new hood is installed, new hood stickers have to be put on legally.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Blackbart
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Blackbart »

They didn't make the turbo Leg until 91, if that was a 90 it had the wrong hood.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Mine has a turbo hood, and no turbo...at least not yet. I didn't put the stickers back on. I probably should buy some to put back on though.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Legacy777 wrote:Mine has a turbo hood, and no turbo...at least not yet.
Poser!!

C'mon... where's the NA luv :?:
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Turbos are better :)
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

scottzg wrote:C'mon... where's the NA luv :?:
you only have NA luv because you cant afford a turbo :lol: j/p :D
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Were i to play the engine game, i would rather try to shoehorn an eg33 in there. Now THAT is a sexy engine. About the same hp, tq, and pw/weight as a ej20t with no turbo lag. RAR!
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

scottzg wrote:Were i to play the engine game, i would rather try to shoehorn an eg33 in there. Now THAT is a sexy engine. About the same hp, tq, and pw/weight as a ej20t with no turbo lag. RAR!
nope... a better motor would be the EZ30-R. almost STi power w/o turbo and it will fit better. i want to swap one of those into something :twisted:
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Actually, the hood was because I had the accident in portland a while back. If I hadn't of had the accident, I wouldn't have swapped hoods. The spoiler, I got for a pretty good deal, which is why I have it.

The spoiler definitely adds to the look of the car. The hood scoop is ok. It'd be much more of a sleeper without.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

My 91 was in an accident and has no stickers under the hood. I don't give a shit though.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

I'm going to rip my stickers off now.

And I don't care about much about N/A stuff so EZ30-T would sound good. What is the EZ from? And can I drop EJ20 turbo pistons in one????????
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

There are quite a few N/A's running here around with turbo spoilers. And they don't seem like the kind of people who know about the turbo legacy.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

jake15 wrote:
scottzg wrote:Were i to play the engine game, i would rather try to shoehorn an eg33 in there. Now THAT is a sexy engine. About the same hp, tq, and pw/weight as a ej20t with no turbo lag. RAR!
nope... a better motor would be the EZ30-R. almost STi power w/o turbo and it will fit better. i want to swap one of those into something :twisted:
EZ30's are noisy, leaky engines (Like EA-series leaky). No way I'd stuff one in my car. And EG33's belong in SVX's dammit!
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

N/A's came with spoilers as an option. They had to have for the number I've seen.

EA's were pretty leaky, though usually from the same places as the EJ. Worse rear seal issues, though. I don't think any 6 would be an easy swap at all, but it would be cool.

Is it true there are no more SVX windshields anywhere? So if a windshield gets smashed, they're pretty much done for? Those poor cars seem doomed. That would make my speedster idea even more viable, though, as a new type of windshield (or maybe just the bottom half) would be used.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

That's very true about the windshields. I managed to secure one as a spare though for a VERY good price.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

-K- wrote:And I don't care about much about N/A stuff so EZ30-T would sound good. What is the EZ from? And can I drop EJ20 turbo pistons in one????????

The EZ30 is from any 2001-2004 6 cylinder outback and the EZ30-R is from any 6 cylinder 2005 and up. i think the pistons in the EZ30 are smaller than EJ pistons, the block is about the same size as a 4 cylinder but it has 2 extra pistons, so i think you would have to get some custom pistons made.
THAWA wrote:EZ30's are noisy, leaky engines (Like EA-series leaky). No way I'd stuff one in my car. And EG33's belong in SVX's dammit!
i have yet to see a noisy leaky EZ30 and i see alot of them come by the shop. here's some shop on nasioc doing a twin turbo EG33 into a late 90's impreza 8)
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I would love to build an SVX with a STi 6-speed and a decent twin turbo setup. 600+ hp would be at your doorstep. Whats nice is that the eg33 has the same internals as the ej's. An ej22 with two more cylinders. Dodge stole subaru's idea to make their V10, bastards. (maybe not)

I didn't know that about the windsheilds. I should buy all the ones I can find and gouge the shit out of anyone who needs one. Haha, j/k
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m