Fuel injector question . . .

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Fuel injector question . . .

Post by boostjunkie »

At what percentage over stock can the ecu compensate for a larger injector. I know that with the 440s (you'll need a S-AFC or some other electronic compensation device . . .

I was looking at the Venom website and they sell upgraded fuel injectors at 8% and 12% increases over stock . . . would the stock ecu be able to adjust to these smaller increases?

I know you guys are gonna tell me to go with a larger injector and some compensation device, but I'm honestly just looking for something that will keep me out of the 100% IDC at almost the whole rpm range!!
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Quit the tinkering around and go with the drop-in ECU. Your at that point... You can't put 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag. Start saving for it... anything else is going to be wasted money. Then after the ECU is in you can retune for anything you could dream of slapping on the engine.

If I remember correctly, you'll be halfway to a new ECU by time you buy these redone injectors. Get the ECU and you can get 440 cc injectors for $100 a set out of JDM STi's or Blittzens.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

I'm interested in hearing more about needing some kind of fuel managment with the larger injectors...cause i'm running 440cc injectors on stock legacy turbo ECU. Just what is the nature of the problems I should be having? I have been set up like this for a long time too...and the cars previous owner as well, although he did experiment with using an SAFC at one point, I believe he was having trouble passing emissions...I have been wondering if it would cause a rich condition (the 440cc injectors on stock ECU)
thanks
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

you could probabally run up to 550's with few piggy back units. but in the long run your gona probabally spend more than a stand alone ecu. and eventually if you want much more power you'l need it and its gona run better. driveability wise. if you think your gona need to run 660 to 850's you really will need an programable ecu. the stock ecu would not be safe. I know that isnt what you want to hear but it is the truth. you would probabally be safe to run 440's without much of anythinng else but youre really gona be maxed out as far as your power potential. but it would make your present setup safer.
but remember your fuel system is as strong as your weakast link.