Wow, I can't believe it! a 360 in my family!

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Wow, I can't believe it! a 360 in my family!

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I found out today that my brother-in-law is getting a Subaru 360. Not just any Subaru 360 (like there's many around at all) but the very first, oldest 360 in the U.S.!!! Kinley Subaru here locally is the first and oldest dealership in the US and this is the first car they sold. They were able to buy it back, back in 1990. They've had it on display since then. They are now selling out and the new owners don't want the 360 in the showroom (WTF?!) so they are selling it to my brother in law who's a huge car collector!!

I so wish it were mine but I bet if I got the coin on down the road he'd sell it to me. Damn, I want it bad.

It is 100% original, has only like 12k miles on it, original tires and spare. Rear engine 2-stroke. Tops out at about 66 mph, 10" wheels, ooooohyaaaaa.

Maybe I can get him to bring it to the F&S!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

No shit!!! Matt, pics PLEASE!!

The Honda dealer that is next to the Toyota dealer I used to work at, has a mint-condition Honda N600. They used to have an early Civic, but I guess they wanted to go back even farther!

That's a lot of responsibility though, I dunno if I could even accept that. You realize that he now owns THE FIRST SUBARU EVER SOLD IN AMERICA!!!
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hahaha, I know! It's crazy!

I wanna own the first Subaru ever sold in America! I wouldn't even want it right now though because I'd have no where to keep it.

I'll get pics, trust me.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Cool! Labelled by Consumer Reports as 'completely unacceptable'. There's a two-tone one in Boston some kid at Mass Art had. Beat, yet strangely rust free.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

For some reason i was thinking xbox...too many hits on the slopes is affecting my mind.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

There was a 360 truck on ebay not too long ago. It was in Cali and I wanted it soooo bad. It was read and belonged to some speed shop. It had an actual bed on it that had flipdown sides so they acted as mini ramps seeing as how it was so close to the ground. It has wide 10inch mags on it. It was just sooo nice. Everything had been restored on this truck. The ower said he would trust it to drive cross country.

The wife said no.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
corsair
Third Gear

Post by corsair »

Matt, is this the guy with all of the unnecessary cars?

I wanna see sometime!
Sam
'93 L AWD Wagon
'08 Honda Civic Si Sedan
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

Any car labeled "completely unacceptable" by Consumers, is alright by me
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

That's cool. My family had a car from Kinley's when they first opened. I don't know much about earlier suby models but this one was ugly, green and had a white stripe down the side I believe. At the time those cars were cheap. We had two of them. The other was a yellow station wagon looking thing. It was bizarre. That would be cool if he took it to the F&S.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS