WRX rims vs Outback rims?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

WRX rims vs Outback rims?

Post by 93Leg-c »

I was wondering why many have the WRX rims on their cars but I haven't heard of anyone saying they have the Outback rims (sort of similar with twin 5-spoke design or some call it ten-spoke design). Is it because the WRX rims are lighter in weight, or is it because they can be purchased at a better price, or is it just preference of looks, or anything else?
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I think its more a supply and demand thing. More wrx owners get rid of their wheels than outback owners
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

OK, I was thinking that but I wasn't sure. And since there is more of a supply, the price is probably way cheaper too.

But has anyone ever seen OUtback wheels on a bc/bf before? If so, how did it look?

Does the Outback wheel weigh more than the WRX wheel?
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

I've always liked the forester wheels, the thick 5 spoke ones but can never find any... Probably the same for outback wheels, plus they'll come with huge tires unlike wrx wheels.
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

What's funny is that the early Outbacks had Legacy turbo wheels.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I also want Forester wheels as I need 16's but I want an OEM look - plus I think they'd look great and more or less period correct. Definitely have to change the tires, though. I have seen Outback wheels and single overpriced Forester wheels on ebay.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

91White-T wrote:I've always liked the forester wheels, the thick 5 spoke ones but can never find any... Probably the same for outback wheels, plus they'll come with huge tires unlike wrx wheels.
Ironic, saw these right after i read this post. I wish i could get them but they will prolly go for like 250 plus another 280 for shipping to here :-(
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT
Exhaust, tint, fogs, anti-snorkus, plugs, wires, rims, tires, stereo and shifter knob :-)

A good car is like a good woman...
She will turn on when you want her to and she will always give you the ride of your life.
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Post by ultrasonic »

kastrix wrote:Ironic, saw these right after i read this post. I wish i could get them but they will prolly go for like 250 plus another 280 for shipping to here :-(
Wow... shipping from where?

The best deal on shipping large items like wheels/tires has to be FedEx Ground. For example, I shipped a set of MY01 RS wheels with tires from Florida to St. Louis. The wheels were bundled in pairs (each bundle weighted about 72 lbs., 25"x25"x20") The cost was less than $25 per bundle, so less than $50 for a whole set of wheels and tires. Only takes 3 or 4 days. Go to the FedEx Ground web site and run the numbers, it's much less than everyone thinks it is to ship wheels.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

FedEx Ground is indeed very economical for shipping heavy stuff, but another option to consider is Greyhound.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
KGB4187
First Gear

Post by KGB4187 »

I've got 02 Outback Sport rims on my 91 wagon, pics can be found at http://www.thawa.net/gallery/Mt-Hamilton-7-11-04?page=7 Theyre on page 7 or so I think. I really like how they look, would prefer if they were more of a gunmetal tho.
1991 Subaru Legacy LS wagon- RIP
1994 Subaru Legacy Turbo Wagon
88xt6joe
First Gear

Post by 88xt6joe »

Just wondering is the offset any different on the Forester or Outback wheels.

Joe
1988 XT6"A work in progress"
1988 GL Wagon" Rusty but trusty"
1991 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5 Speed
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

if they're different widths most likely, but if they're the same width I highly doubt it. Even if the offset is different it'll still be the correct size for your car, either of them :)

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
88xt6joe
First Gear

Post by 88xt6joe »

Cool I was just wondering if thats why you didn't see those wheels on the legacys.

Joe
THAWA wrote:if they're different widths most likely, but if they're the same width I highly doubt it. Even if the offset is different it'll still be the correct size for your car, either of them :)
1988 XT6"A work in progress"
1988 GL Wagon" Rusty but trusty"
1991 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5 Speed
The Scooby
Second Gear

Post by The Scooby »

i like the WRX wheels, but ALOT of people have them, thats why im trying to get a set of 2.5GT 16's for my wagon.
1999 Impreza Outback Sport w/ MY02 WRX complete swap

1986 GL wagon
EJ'ed and Lifted
mgjs1
First Gear

Post by mgjs1 »

I want them to get to 225 width vs. 205 on the WRX I have currently... late model outback wheels gets there, and seems like it would be a nice look and a decent ride.
http://www.circlestickers.com
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

You should've posted that two years ago when the thread was still active.

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Make up your mind Hardy :)

Do we want to bash n00bs for starting new threads for old topics, or do we want to get irritated when they search and bump 2-year-old threads?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Both?

Besides, he's been here longer than me.

mgjs1
First Gear

Post by mgjs1 »

I'm taking my toys and going home.
:smt022