You ever notice how good this site is?

Let us know what you think about the site and the forums and give us your suggestions on how to make them better.

Moderator: Moderators

rallysam
Fourth Gear

You ever notice how good this site is?

Post by rallysam »

You ever notice how good this board is? Seriously!

I forget how good it is here. Then I go hang out on Nasioc, and I get so frustrated with the riff raff and cluelessness. They should reorganize the nasioc forums into the following threads:
* OT (99.9% of all posts)
* noob questions
* pointless arguements
* l33t speak OMG BIRFDAYZ SHOUTOUT #324

I remember that when I came back to this BBS after a long time away, I was like "ahhhhh.... it's so nice here. Like a warm blanket. These people are like car geniouses. They know pipe diameters and electrical pinouts off the top of their heads. They have meaningful adult discussions with a purpose... and they don't end in a flame war! And get this, their threads actually relate to working on Subarus."

I love ya guys (and girls)
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

*sniff, sniff* I love you too Sam.

=)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Aww, group hug!

But, yeah, really... Legacy Central is amazing. There's something special about the kind of person who's into an old-school Legacy, I guess.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I haven't been over to LegacyGT.com, so I can't comment on it, but having been a moderator and reader of both the current NASIOC and i-club Legacy forums, I must say that the temperament of Legacy owners seems to be better than the average Impreza owner. I have no explanation, because the median age on this board is probably in the 20s, but is probably slightly higher than that of Impreza owners, but I still don't think that explains it either.

I am, however, glad that after 3 years, I don't regret creating this BBS in any way, shape or form.

It worked.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

This board is amazing. I think really one of the main points in the legacy community(at least this one) is that the cars are so old that they're not "cool," which tends to weed out alot of the jackasses. We also have to "band together" to find any kind of conclusive data on anything, so when something actually gets accomplished, we want to tell everyone about how we did it!
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

When I got my Legacy I knew I had stumbled upon something special. It wasn't until I stumbled upon the BBS that I would come to find out just how special. The subaru community is tight, but the old-schooler's are a little different. Late at night you get on the board because you don't feel like starting that next hw set and down at the bottom you see familar and friendly names of the other users just hanging out. And then there is the wealth of information that is generously given, search stick aside :). Hooray for the BBS.

And a thanks to all our admins.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

DLC wrote:I must say that the temperament of Legacy owners seems to be better than the average Impreza owner.
I agree with everything you said, but it's gotta be something more than just Legacy > Impreza , because the Legacy forums on nasioc suck too! :-)
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

DLC wrote:I have no explanation, because the median age on this board is probably in the 20s, but is probably slightly higher than that of Impreza owners, but I still don't think that explains it either.
I believe I am probably the youngest one here :smt086
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Jake's 17
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

LaureltheQueen wrote:Jake's 17
So am I... :cool:
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

jake turned 17 in august
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
Busdriver
First Gear

Post by Busdriver »

Thank you all for this nice home!!

I do love it here, I must say I'm actually addicted!!

Old leggies are sweet and so are the owners....
Stock 1991 Legacy L+ AWD 5MT wagon 191k+ mi
wiscon_mark
Fourth Gear

Post by wiscon_mark »

I can't say that this is my first home, but its a great resource and there are a lot of cool people. Thanks! :-D

my first home is www.sl-i.net ...its the other all legacy forum, we mostly have 2nd gens, but all are welcome, and the knowledge base is expanding quite well (many thanks to Phil and Scotty because they've been a great help). Anyways, I'm not really trying to plug that site (although I know many are members both here and there) I just wanted to say that I've had very similar feelings towards both and I hope SLi can become everything that the BBS is! :-)
[url=http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=486]1995 Legacy Outback 5MT[/url]
185,000 miles
www.sl-i.net (for all Legacys!)
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

I left SLi to come back to LCO. Too much BS over there.

LCO is and always be my home.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I'd call this thread a circle jerk but we're too good for that sort of crap here. :smile:

This board is the best because there are people with useful questions and actual info. Those who come in just to BS and start e-drama are called out, and mocked or shut down. Hat's off to the good work of the mods.
90 L+ wgn
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Thanks for the support guys.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

I hope I dont subtract too badly from the blanket ;)
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
klaxed
Second Gear

Post by klaxed »

Yay, I'm special (jumps up and down excitedly).
Brent

'92 Legacy Wagon Winestone, 265K on body, ~100K on engine, 5spd, kyb gr2's w/ whiteline ground control springs, sti top hats, hatch spoiler to be added soon...