2007 Rally Colorado ** 56K Suicide **

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

2007 Rally Colorado ** 56K Suicide **

Post by Yukonart »

Gallery is now up. I might redo it as I just tried the flash versions for the first time, last night. In the meantime, enjoy it as it is, and I'm sorry if it's not the easiest to navigate. I fix soon. :shock:

Linky-link to teh Galleriez

Some of my favorites:

Image Image

"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Wow, you take the best pictures. Those are fucking awesome. Did you go all the way to Colorado to see the rally?
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ya, nice photographs Art. Thanks for the new wallpaper. :-D

I really dig the first one. Looks like hes about to pounce.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You may already know this, but there's no scrolly's bars for the page if you're window is too small.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

got any in the 1024x768 variety? I need some new Suby wallpaper.
SUBARUEHS Racing
Threshld1
Second Gear

Post by Threshld1 »

My buddy got some good pictures from the event also. They can be found here up to 1600x1067 res:

http://photos.digitalspeed.org/v/rallycolorado2007/
93 SS 5MT - TD05H-16G, 06 TMIC, Walbro, Zeitronix WB-02 - Scrapped too much rust
91 SS AT
97 Outback - Prodrive quick rack, DMS 40
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Legacy777 wrote:You may already know this, but there's no scrolly's bars for the page if you're window is too small.
D'oh, didn't know that, Josh. :?
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Is Kenny doing a stool burnout?

Really great shots Art, are you shooting all of Rally America?
90 L+ wgn
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

coulda woulda shoulda gone. :cry:
great shots art.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Damn Art, those are some seriously bangin' pictures! What kind of camera do you use? Likely an SLR of some sort.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

:lol: Yeah, Kenny's doing a fatty "burnout" in the grass.

Shooting any event I can make it to. Colorado was the ONE place I wanted to go besides the PNW for rallies this year . . .tried to make it to New England Rally, just couldn't get the time off.

Shooting with a Canon 30D and two L Glass lenses. . . . a 17-35mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 . . . and the Digital Rebel is my backup body, though I rarely use it.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Yukonart wrote:Shooting with a Canon 30D and two L Glass lenses. . . . a 17-35mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 . . . and the Digital Rebel is my backup body, though I rarely use it.
OMG! No wonder your pictures come out looking so damn nice!!!
A $1,700 main camera and a $700 back-up camera... You must totally love those to spend that much. At least spending that mucn on my car gets me from place to place and back again (while hauling stuff around in the trunk & back seat too!)
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

dropdfocus wrote:
Yukonart wrote:Shooting with a Canon 30D and two L Glass lenses. . . . a 17-35mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 . . . and the Digital Rebel is my backup body, though I rarely use it.
OMG! No wonder your pictures come out looking so damn nice!!!
A $1,700 main camera and a $700 back-up camera... You must totally love those to spend that much. At least spending that mucn on my car gets me from place to place and back again (while hauling stuff around in the trunk & back seat too!)
Had I the money in the first place, I would have at least invested in the $1300 main body. ;)

Truth is, my father gave me the Rebel (1st gen, don't be too jealous) and bought me the 30D as a business investment. He writes it off, I do some work for him as repayment. And while it's easy to say that the quality of the shots comes from the gear, bear in mind I've been shooting for 20 years, now. I could get similar shots with my Canon S1IS point and shoot, but the resolution and light spectrum just wouldn't be present.

I've got the artistic eye. . . and can do almost anything with most point and shoots. . . . but for the action shots, especially in inclement weather, the gear is the deciding factor between merely usable photos and amazing ones. :)
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I must totally agree.
Although I am jealous of you having the 30D as a camera. I only have a Canon PowerShot A550, but it does take decent pictures for being 7.2mp. My next investment will be some type of SLR. A good friend of mine works at the local Ritz Camera store & recently won a Pentax SLR for being in the top 10 in nationwide store sales for September. I've been hounding her to sell it to me cheap!!! :mrgreen:
Jason
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

:lol:

Honestly, if you're starting from scratch and want a good KIT to start with, Nikon is the way to go. I went Canon primarily because that's what was given to me.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Any recommendations on which SLR model is best to start out with? I'm personally burnt on Fugi. Had a 9mp camera and it SUCKED royally. I got the Canon A550 because the wife had a A530 & loved it. I still have a Nikon CoolPix 5600 which I need to send out for extended coverage warrenty repair (dirt from '06 STPR rally event in the lens track).
Jason
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

DSLR recommendations for most people would be either the D40 or D80 kits, depending on future plans for photogs. If you plan to do any real action photog, pony-up for at least the D80 kit. The body has better features for advanced hobbyists. . . otherwise, the D200 is an amazing alternative. :)
RckyMtnLegacy
Third Gear

Post by RckyMtnLegacy »

Here are some that I took. I was working some of the corners making sure hunters stayed off the track.

I had too try the course before Travis and Ken Block did. Lost 2nd gear too.
1993 Legacy Turbo Sedan SadPanda
1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon (Aspen)--SOLD
1990 2.2l Legacy--RIP
Keeping the Legacy's Legacy

"Straight roads are for fast cars. turning roads are for fast drivers"

Official Subaru Ambassador
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

Bummer that you lost 2nd gear... Nice shots though.
Jason
RckyMtnLegacy
Third Gear

Post by RckyMtnLegacy »

Ya it does suck but I am using it as an excuse to upgrade tranny and get a ej22t
1993 Legacy Turbo Sedan SadPanda
1994 Legacy Turbo Wagon (Aspen)--SOLD
1990 2.2l Legacy--RIP
Keeping the Legacy's Legacy

"Straight roads are for fast cars. turning roads are for fast drivers"

Official Subaru Ambassador